Ever since I left home in 2004, I have gotten sick during every single December. The first one, I came home and was so excited to finally drive again. Mom was worried that I wanted to eat a banana and drive so I assured her it would not be opened until I got to my destination. LIES! I went out the front door, opened the peel and...my stomach was in knots and I needed to puke. Badly. Almost got to the car, but the bush saved me from ruining my mom's car and I turned back around and sat on the couch with a bowl in my lap.
Sophmore year, same thing. Came home, two days later I was no good. Got better soon though.
Junior year I got sick before I even got home! I remember carrying around my largest purse with a box of tissues, bag for trash, gatorade and my dayquil. (I love that stuff!!) I barely made it through my date that night at a play off Center Street and had to call it quits just after the show ended (poor guy!). I never made it to my top bunk and was so glad I had packed the day before. Then I got a call saying my flight was cancelled (BUMMER!! Who wants to be away from mom while sick?!) but good news, I got a direct flight later that afternoon. I had a new bottle of dayquil to bring on board with me and they almost made me throw it away. Oh the humanity!!
Senior year, ahh...the infamous "weeping eyeball." I have no idea what happened. I just woke up Christmas morning and could not open my left eye. I freaked out, ran to the mirror and it was huge and puffy, complete with nasty all over it. I took a shower before anyone could see what had happened to me. I wish I would have gotten a picture, but oh well. It haunted me for a solid 2 months, puffy left eye, and I wasn't supposed to wear any kind of make-up. Of course, for a girl trying to impress a certain boy, that wasn't going to happen. I disobeyed orders, still put the stuff in/on the eye and it semi-cleared up a few months later. (But it's starting to come back it seems like.)
Next December I wasn't sick during the official "Christmas break", but was sick for 2 days and made a nest in our bed. Chayse got mad since he couldn't touch me, but I hate being bothered when I'm sick! I slept it away and Chayse got lots of stuff done while I was unconsious.
2 weeks ago...my nephew has been throwing up a lot at night and I smelled it one night and it started to bug me. My stomach was starting to turn but I didn't think anything of it. I just assumed it was Rockwell's fault. Chayse finished playing a game with his brother and I went upstairs to get ready for bed since I was feeling queasy. We went to bed. About 2 hours later I woke up and had to puke, so I hit Chayse and ran as fast as I could to the bathroom. Next thing I know, Chayse is screaming and shaking me to wake up. Apparently I didn't make it to the toilet and ran into the marble. I got a cut just above my, yes, left eye and hit it in the perfect spot. I make it to the toilet after he woke me up and puked out everything I had eaten that night. We went back to bed after I rinsed out my mouth and got some water to drink. Then I think I ran to the toilet 3 other times to get rid of the water I drank and whatever else wanted to come out. I was in soo much pain!!! Then I think around 2am I hit Chayse really hard again and ran as fast as I could to the bathroom (so I thought), but didn't make it past the bedroom door. Chayse luckily caught me as I was falling and he was yelling at me to wake up again. When I woke up I was confused because I thought I made it to the bathroom. He took me in there and, well, it hurt to try and get stuff up. Then for the next 4 hours we stayed awake and talked until 6am when he let me fall asleep again. Wow, I am so grateful for my husband for taking care of me that night!!! The next day I had a bruised eye and stayed in bed for a while. I got better pretty fast.
Now, Chayse is sick. Just great! We got back from visiting my family in Georgia last night and he got sick early yesterday morning. He's still sick today, so I hope he can just sleep it off by tonight and be happy for Christmas morning! Guess we'll soon find out!!!
Curse you, Decemeber!
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love your posts. They always make me laugh. I know it isn't funny to be sick, so don't think I'm making fun of that I just love the way you write and how I can totally see everything happeining in my mind. I hope you all got better. Miss you!
ReplyDelete