July has been quite the exciting month for us! Currently, Chayse is in Panama City while I am in Saint George. I am learning that things often, or never, go according to plan! I am thankful for what Em commented on my last post about enjoying where life ends up taking you...ohhhh how I often forget we are definately not in control, even though we think we are sometimes!!
I am excited to be leaving to go and see Chayse this week because frankly, it's been a little dull being alone in our house. No one to push off the bed, no one to watch tv with me, no one to cook for (hence the frozen meals) and no one to wake up beside. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life and I suppose being without him for over a week will definately give me more appreciation for him!
So as I am in our house I do feel guilty having not posted new photos of what I've done to the house. I have an exciting photo from the laundry room paint job, so just sit tight until I can get that photo onto a computer and THEN on this thing! But while you wait, a little quote that I thought fits me quite well right now. And probably will for the next 8 decades (since I oddly want to live past 100, but Chayse refuses to).
"I learned that patience was far more than simply waiting for something to happen—patience required actively working toward worthwhile goals and not getting discouraged when results didn’t appear instantly or without effort.
"There is an important concept here: patience is not passive resignation, nor is it failing to act because of our fears. Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something and doing all that we can—working, hoping, and exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude, even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!" -Elder Utchdorf, Continue in Patience
soooo....while the plans Chayse and I created when we got married have definately been changing every month, I am glad we are where we are because I have grown more than I wanted to! Really! I am very happy with the way things have happened and would love to trade this in for that, I know I can't and I am happy with the way things have turned out so far. Now, if only I knew when we'd be back to our house again after our Panama trip? Oh, patience my dear, patience...
Monday, July 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love that quote, Charlotte! And don't worry, it will all turn out in the best possible way :)
ReplyDeletepatience...it's so simple yet so hard! keep with it girl, you're great!
ReplyDeleteStory of life...well put! Can't wait for you to get out here!
ReplyDelete