Friday, March 9, 2012

One of Those Days...

Yesterday is gone and done! YESSS!!! It just happened to be "one of those days" when Chayse came home for his lunch (I'm lucky enough that he can do that) and the house was covered in toys, the few we have, the counters covered from lunch and all blinds were closed making into my cave.
Lux and I are able to watch my friend's daughter while she works at home. Lux really does love it. She lights up whenever Jayde comes over and they typically "play" well together. Both girls enjoy the company and it makes the time pass quickly since they smile and jibber-jabber with eachother.

Thursday started out well with both girls. We played, got a snack, played...then headed outside for a walk. I have been in a haze since Lux is sleeping sooo bad these past 2 weeks. Baaad! I get 2 hour stretched right now, then I'm awake for at least an hour. I have no idea what is going on. I think it's teething? I can see the teeth coming... But now I'm going to take her in to the doctor and see if it's something else. And apparently Jayde hasn't been sleeping well either, for some more back ground info.

We head out and I handed Jayde her snacks. Lux is thrilled to no longer be in her car seat. Both girls just chat while we check out the neighborhood sites before coming home and (usually) playing outside a bit longer before heading in for lunch. While walking, Jayde typically drops things off the side and says "uh oh", so I'll pick them up and make sure to wash them off when we get home. She keeps me on my toes! But I try my best to keep a conversation going with her 22 month old self and I don't always come on top! Then Jayde will talk to Lux and hold her arm because she won't let her have her hand and things usually go pretty smoothly. About a minute before getting home, Lux starts to nod off in the stroller and Jayde begins to lose it. I knew we were skipping outside play and just heading in for lunch, but I had no idea what would happen next.

We step inside and I take Jayde's jacket off (she removed the socks earlier since she didn't want her shoes on today) and got Lux out of the stroller as well to get her jacket and shoes off. Then the chaos. I start to tell Jayde it's time for lunch and she is so tired and frustrated toys start flying. We got her to the counter for lunch while Lux sits in her bumbo with tray and tries to get her cheerios and puffs. A few tossed bagels pieces on the floor later I have a grumpy toddler so I try to get her to eat something else and all thoughts are rejected. So I had her take this allergy medicine her mom wanted her to have and then cleaned her up. We read a book then had her get her baby and bottle to head for bed. Toys thrown! While holding Lux I got her baby and tried to walk Jayde to the room. She takes the baby, runs to the room and throws them in her crib then runs off the other direction crying. More tears, more toys....and now I've got a cranky baby ready to eat (I was in a fog from no sleep the past 2 weeks I keep forgetting when she eats last!!) and another one running away while I have a nice headache to go along with this. Wow. Finally I feed Lux on the bed while Jayde falls asleep in her pack n play and enjoy some pintrest on my ipad (great invention!!)

Soon enough I hear Jayde's snores and Lux's soon follow... Down goes Lux in her crib and closed are all the blinds. I slip into my pj bottoms and onto the couch I go, after creating my cave-like atmosphere because the master gets the most sunlight, oddly enough. 2 hours later...we are much happier friends and playmates. Ahhhh what sleep can do to fix many things!

Needless to say, I am looking forward to the day when I can say I slept through the night. We are at 6 1/2 months and counting to hear that...and I have made a vow that when I get 6 straight hours of sleep consistantly, I will just get up and start my day, no matter what time it is!!! I promise!!!!

PS--night sleep wouldn't be such a big deal if Lux acted like a baby. She does not. She hardly naps (2 40-minute naps a day if I'm lucky) and is wanting attention probably from not sleeping well and becoming needy. And she is up at 7:30 usually. Baaaahhhh! Since when was sleeping not fun for a baby?! That was my favorite past time, until I had a baby! Oh well. Sleep is overrated anyway. No wonder Lux doesn't like it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I feel for ya. Sounds like Caden when he was a baby. Naps were short and only if I forced them, seemed to just require less sleep than most babies. Took him forever to sleep through the night as well. I remember the haze well, don't worry it will fade one day and you feel rested again....someday. Hang in there! You are a great mama!

    ReplyDelete