Thursday, May 14, 2009

The first weeks...

Apparently we haven't taken any photos since being here...but here's the lowdown. It's about 95 degrees and will stay that way most of the time we're here (so the locals say) and windy. Very windy. I have a bunch of skirts and dresses to wear for the summer because, well, it's slightly toasty outside. What I always forget is the wind factor. Now, usually that's not a problem because they go to my knees and once a year something happens. Like in Chicago last summer when those subways just had some random wind streams and flip that skirt right up! Exactly what happened yesterday when I was going back and forth between apartments to get things done...ALL the way up, not even a slight flip like last summer. I will now note that the dress I wore yesterday is not a good one for Texas winds. They're much stronger than subways...just don't do it!!

Andrew, my lil brother, arrived yesterday and it's been good to see him. I feel bad taking him away from my family in Georgia, but I think he can do it. I really do. He had a successful day, probably not what he's thinking happened, but I think he did very well. I also was a nice sister and washed his towels and sheets yesterday...but guess who didn't seperate the two and got a tonnnnn of lint all over the sheets. I tried to shake it off and then scrape them all together, but alas, nothing.

Highlight of the week so far: Well, there might be a few. I did go to the gym on Tuesday and Wednesday. Need to get in a better habit of going. I think I may lay out on Sat, I was going to today, but...inside yet again! I just don't have what it takes to be a Stacie Reeve, I'll just have to deal. Now to the real highlight...Eyla called me and told me she was 2. She also just kept giggling and couldn't say many words to me. Finally the excitement got to her and she hung up on me. Usually, that would disappoint someone. For me, NOPE! That's just how she is. She can't contain herself and all of a sudden she's gone. What a doll. Can't wait to have a real conversation with the kid. Maybe next time..?

Next post will come with photos, just so you know....

1 comment: