Monday, June 1, 2009

1 month down..!


This is the story of my summer so far. I'm slightly depressed I forgot to, but I baked 14 chicken pot pies last week. 14!! It was a hit, and boy was it lots of work. I've also put on 2 BBQs, baked breakfast before their long Saturdays 4 times and shopped my life away at all grocery stores while I have down time to prepare for the feasts. I'm glad we don't have more guys than what we do...I'd be a perma-chef, and I'm not sure if I want that...
It's been fun doing so though. It's nice to be busy and making things for everyone. They are working really hard. Just like right now. I'm inside with the AC and it's pouring rain out there. Dark and nasty. Just another Texas rainstorm...without Chayse. Boooo!
I was going to check out the library today, but it's just easier to not go outside really. Jennica and I went with her little boy Caden to the outlets last week. We got lost, finally found it, then realized it's only 15 minutes away. Shoot, the trip out there lasted at least an hour! Ooops! I might have been driving. But at least there was good company and a happy baby in the back.
This week the "Madness" starts up and you get $100 for each round you make it through. I have high hopes. ;) But other than that...not too much going on here. I'm sure I forgot a lot of things I was supposed to put on my "to-do" list, but, I forgot. Bad memory. Maybe I'm losing it?

1 comment:

  1. Good practice for when you cook for me and Perry's huge family :).

    ReplyDelete