Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thinking back..

If there's something Chayse hates, it's when I take photos of him driving. Probably why I enjoy doing it so much!! But that's about all the buttons I push because, well, there's no trouble after doing so. Becuase if he did try to get me back, we'd run off the road costing us more than it's worth to do so. Then I get him to forget about the photo, that is until I publish it. Oopsie!


SYTYCD!!! The best part of the summer. This reminds me a lot of Chicago, irronically, since we would be on Michigan or at the beach when we weren't a work. Speaking of such...this day last year was my first day at Today's Chicago Woman. It really was one of the best experiences of my life. I knew it would be influential, but I learned a ton about myself. How much I looooove being in the city but absolutely hate not having a car and being forced to use public transportation. Yes, it was nice in the morning, loved not having to deal with people. Buttt...I do remember starting the 80 second walk from the front of our dorm building to get to the bus stop and seeing 2 busses pass by before we sprinted to hit the 3rd one before it took off and we'd have to walk to the train station. Wow...or the time Krista's roommate went crazy or the frisbee games we'd have on the beach...ahhh...And the amazing stores...Wow. I'm in love. You might find it ridiculous how I can still see the stores in my mind and tell you how to get to work based on what stores to turn at. Or know where the musuems and hot spots are in the city by the stores. Ooooohhhh the shopping! The malls! Ohhhh!!!


And the photo shoots and places I HAD to go because of my job. I had heard the life of an intern was a lowly one...but this one was awesome. Free make-up? Free food? Free styling products? YES PLEASE! It really was such an amazing experience. And, wait? Free? I do believe it only cost me $200 total because I got it all paid for through talent scholarships and the BYU department. OH MAN! The hardest and best summer of my life. I'm so glad I got married after that experience because there's no other way I would have had it...


I MISS YOU CHICAGO!! Hi Tiffany's!!


Oh, and Chayse too...he's still working...but while I was thinking of my fantastic summer months and my first working day as a production intern I completely forgot.


Back to SYTYCD...the love of my life...next to Chayser!

No comments:

Post a Comment