I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!! So, our anniversary was on Saturday the 22nd and I had expected Chayse home "early" at 8:30. He told me he'd leave a bit early so that we could go to dinner for our anniversary. That made me pretty excited because being an "APX Wife" means you see your husband on Sundays, before noon and after 10 pm Monday through Friday, and before 9 and after 10 on Saturdays. Basically I get to see him when I'm at my most tired...not the best...so to hear he'd be back by 8:30 I was so excited!!
Well, I asked my friend Jennica if she wanted to go to Walmart later so I could get a card for Chayse and responded saying she would be able to go once Caden woke up from his nap. Around 2 she said she was ready to go so I headed over to her house. We went and got some stuff then she wanted to come back to the complex so she could get the shirt from Kohls she meant to bring with us to return. On the way back she wanted to swing by Sonic, so I obliged. Who doesn't love a powerade slush? Anyways...
I went back home after our afternoon out doing errands, because honestly, there isn't too much to do here around town and I enjoy Jennica as company. So I opened the door and all the lights were on and our wedding song was playing. Then I saw THIS on our table!!

Yes, that is indeed a little blue box beside my beautiful flowers!! I was completely shocked because Chayse had told me to keep it cheap, and I did. I kept my part, but he definately did NOT! I read the note and started to get tears in my eyes because of the sweet things he said. Then I was nervous because I couldn't see Chayse, but I really wanted to know what he was thinking when he bought me more Tiffany's jewelry. I opened the box and found some BEAUTIFUL pearls!! I've been wanting these things for a long time and I got them!!! They are sooo beautiful! I couldn't believe my eyes! I pulled out my phone to call Chayse and then he stepped out from our room and surprised me at 4:30 with being home! Oh my!! I was sooo happy! I got to see Chayse in the DAYLIGHT hours and was going to be able to hang out with him for the rest of the evening!!

I got cleaned up and then we went to McAllen because he wanted to buy me a dress. We checked out the shops up there and then I picked this black dress from Banana Republic (White House Black Market didn't have anything that looked good on me, sad day!). But I absolutely love this dress! It has sleeves and is sleek and happening! I can wear it anywhere and will always be in style. And I'm wearing my BRAND NEW PEARLS!! Looooove them!!!! We also bought this shirt for Chayse since he was just wearing a polo and that looked too cheap with my new outfit! I love the shirt on him. Ha, we ended up just going into a department store's changing room and then left in different clothes...ha....it was funny....
Then we went and ate at Macaroni Grill. Delicious! Love that place! Then we went to BJs for dessert, this warm oreo cookie with ice cream on top!

Ha, this picture was one of a few and I told him to just make a face and this is what happened. It makes me smile!
We then came home and watch Spiderman 2. I got him 1 & 2 since he loves Spiderman, so it was a great way to end the most fantastic day ever!
Since he surprised me on Saturday, I did my end on Monday for when he came back from working. I made a mini chocolate cake that we shared with friends. In the green bag was my "big" gift of $6, a deck of cards personalized with pictures from our wedding, honeymoon, dating days and this past year of marriage. We then played cards with friends. He loved them!!

Oh, and I blew up some balloons. Okay, not really. I used a balloon pump that Chayse made fun of me for. But I've blown up 75 balloons by myself over 3 days for a friend's birthday and it is NOT worth the pain afterwards. I love balloon pumps and always will. Take that!

I AM MARRIED TO THE BEST MAN....EVER!!! Take that people! If year 1 was supposed to be hard...I can't wait for the years to come! I love you Chayser!!
That is so sweet. I love the dress and pearls!!! What a sweet husband!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! That sounds like a wonderful anniversary!!
ReplyDeleteI am going to have Drew read this post! You are a lucky girl, but of course he is more lucky!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! hope it just was amazing. I wanted to thank you for the cute adorable robe, it is so cute I just love it! hope tings are going great for you, I know what it is like to be married to an APX man! Never get to see them!
ReplyDelete