Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm Back!

Wow...when things happen, they sure do happen around here!!

So we signed our lives away and have a beautiful new home! I'm so excited to be at this place in our lives! 18 months into our marriage and we were able to work hard enough to own a place of our own. I am loving this experience!

The next day, Thursday Jan 28, Chayse and I packed up a UHaul and took everything out of our storage unit in Provo and stuffed it all in our 3-car garage. And it was FULL! Sort of sickening how much stuff two people can accumulate. Friday we spent unpacking, buying groceries and trying to make it livable amongst all the boxes.

On Saturday we found out that Chayse's uncle died and we planned on flying up for the funeral.

Sunday was my father-in-laws birthday and had fun with the Grandparents who were able to come down and visit for a few days.

On Monday we found out we needed to drive Chayse's sister up to Washington and pick the other sister up in Provo along the way. There went our hopes in flying and skipping out on the dreaded 32-hour round trip drive. Sick!!

Tuesday and Wednesday found me driving around town getting things in order for us to leave and trying to spend time with the nieces at the library (Raya's FAVORITE PLACE!) and getting the house organized. If there's one thing I'm known for...it's making sure my room is clean and bed is made before we leave. There are usually no dishes in the sink/dishwasher...ect. But not this time! That was slightly stressful, but the least of my worries at this time!!

Thursday: Driving day. Seems like we love to drive on Thursdays. 16 hours later (plus about 45 minutes worth of pit-stops and food breaks) we pulled into the Grandparent's house. Oh, and then Chayse's cousin died that night as well which can be a whole other story for another time.

Friday: Funeral day. It was actually the weirdest day of my life. From only sleeping 2 hours the night before and the early wake-up time the day before, it is a miracle I didn't take a nap. Serious. It was the darndest thing! But the funeral was great, it was hard to see the other 2 cousins (1 found out his brother died just before the service, wow) because they didn't understand the Gospel and the hope that it truly does bring to one's life. (A whole other entry)

Saturday: Cook for your life! My in-laws and I went to the store and bought food for an army! Then started making meals to leave in our grandparent's fridge so they would have food for the next month. I should have taken a picture, but they should be able to eat new food every day and have zero worries.

Sunday: DRIVING DAY! Oh how I wish we could have extended our trip, but Chayse had to be in the office, Shay had to work and McKell needed to pass a few classes. 16 hours later...we made it back to our house.

Yesterday found me helping Chayse out at the office for a long while and the last half of me running even more errands.

So today...I'm a cleaning, organizing fool.

I'll post pictures of the house tomorrow. And I am swearing off driving. I only fly. I miss you airport! And your long lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment