Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Summer Pickings

That's it. You got it. This is what my garden produced this summer. I have effectively killed EVERYTHING. I guess travelling to Florida for the last half will end up destroying everything, but these measly "veggies" are the only things that grew out there. I killed 4 fruit trees that were supposed to be canned and savored throughout the "winter" months. I was going to try out different salsa recipes and figure out how to cook different types of squash, and eventually enjoy a ripe, juicy watermelon.

Dreams=CRUSHED!

That's it, garden. It's the last time you will out smart me. I promise next year to at least double my crops and actually enjoy some of my labor. Because I'll tell you what...all the hard work was NOT worth this. And I hate to mention this, but those tomatoes are barely bigger than cherry tomatoes and the squash was actually hollow inside. It for some reason quit growing on me or something. LAME!

Next year, I will do much better than this!!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry darling... you weren't there to nurture the garden. Next year can't disappoint.

    Your garden trumped mine at least. I spent Sunday picking someone else's fruit!

    ReplyDelete