Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's a....

Yesterday was sooo much better than Christmas. Really! It was!!! I waited almost 20 weeks to finally see a glimpse of our baby and it was so exciting! I heard that some people can get an ultrasound at 12 weeks...unfortunately I didn't. But here is Baby Myers!!!

This is the baby waving things into the mouth. You can see a small black thing just below the neck...that's the heart! It was sooo neat to see the heart beating and pumping the blood around the little body. I am just in awe that all the pieces were there at 12 weeks...now it's just growing time!

Below the hands are just resting below the chin.

 All snuggled up in this one with the hands under the chin in another view.
 Here's a picture of the spin and then the legs at the bottom right.
And this is the awkward gender picture...The bum is on the left and the two legs coming out. And there's nothing else there so...it's a GIRL!!!!!

We are soooo excited for our new girlie addition! There's another full 20 weeks ahead of growth for me AND baby, so hopefully things will continue to go smoothly. This past week I have actually been thinking it was a girl but have heard that you are usually more sick with the girls than boys...and if that's the case, bring it on! So far things have gone smoother than expected considering all the other stories I am hearing lately. My hips have slowed their movement down, so maybe I am just used to it? Probably not. But a big blessing since so much has been happening these past few days. As of 3 hours ago my house was a wreck with laundry (clean and dirty) waiting to be dealt with, plus dishes and a nice broken dish as well (booo). And obviously the typical tidying up. I don't know how working mothers do it! Or just even in general since I've been watching a sick baby the past few days (Trying my hardest not to get sick too) so whenever she naps I've been holding her to make sure she sleeps since she won't lay down in the pack-n-play that I have at my house. argh! Anyways....

Yesterday I told my parents via skype then we took these cupcakes over to Chayse's parents house to tell them what we were having. The secret being the pink in the cake! Te he he!! It was so fun to see the excitement in everyone's eyes. My parents are going to be grandparents and Chayse's are adding another granddaughter...plus P&J's kids now have a cousin that lives close! Eyla wanted to know if she could hold the girlie baby tomorrow...uhh, I sure hope she doesn't come tomorrow! That's no good. But I think they've started to call her Ella since that's a name they call all dolls and such. It's a test run for that name I suppose...haha.

Come August, we'll have ourselves a GIRLIE BABY and a cute room all decorated. Now...what color shall I paint it?? Oh the stresses that I now have in my life. YAY!!!


7 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Congratulations! Girls are so fun :) You're going to have tons of fun decorating that room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Gosh! Yay! I'm so excited for you Char! She is going to be such a doll. And, so many fun girl names to choose from. We really are so happy for you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! How exciting!! Congrats! :) Be sure to post pictures of all the decorating you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! So congratulations! i am so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, yay for a little girl! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I secretly was hoping it was a girl all along. :) we are so excited for you guys, and I'm sure her room will turn out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! It's so funny that you Mandy and Stacie all have girls!

    ReplyDelete