My friend Alyssa tagged me to write 15 things about me and tag 5 others. So here goes...!
1. I am so happy about BYU Basketball. Sure there was a slight bump in the road but nothing makes me happier than a successful BYU team and March Madness. I wish we could travel and see our boys play in Denver then possibly Anaheim. I hope I don't go into a depression once this season is over.
2. I am excited to be a mom come August! I feel like I've been waiting FOREVER!! Heavenly Father sure has been showing me different things and explaining my life His way and making me learn a lot. Namely: Patience. It's never been a strong point but as I've gotten older it is such an important virtue to conquer. These past 4 months have taught me a lot so the next 5 can only have more things to teach me. Eeeek! I hope I'm ready for those little lessons!!
3. I am grateful to be near Chayse's family and a little bummed to be so far from mine! I try to keep in contact with them as much as possible though. It is a lot of fun to be near nieces and a nephew and see what kids think and actually enjoy their company. I'm thrilled to see how our baby will interact with it's cousins!
4. Speaking of it...we find out the gender in less than 3 weeks!! March 29! I tried to get it to be before Chayse's birthday but they wouldn't have it. Too bad I was scared to make a doctor's appointment and now I am on a schedule that makes me wait longer to find out about the sex.
5. While on the topic, I was afraid to schedule my initial appointment because I imagined needles and shots at every appointment and lots of blood being drawn. PHEW! I am so glad that I have been wrong about that!! On Tuesday I went to get my blood taken (protesting Chayse of course) and everything went smoother than I planned! I DIDN'T PASS OUT! That's mainly why it went smooth. I remember fainting on Katie when I got my ear pierced first, then having a support group when I got my ears pierced at 22 (Thanks roomies!!!). But I am so proud of myself. We got a pair of celebratory shoes afterwards ;)
6. I do love shoes. But am extra picky. And have a shoe size that is pretty uncommon to find at stores (5). One friend said her mom's feet grew 1/2 a size with each of her 2 babies. Right now that sounds like a good deal. I wonder how I can get in on that? a 5 1/2 would be so much easier to find! Or even a 6! Just saying...
7. I can't wait to get grass in our backyard. I don't think I've wanted something so much in a long time. It's because 20% of me wants to be outside right now, maybe even laying out while 80% of me can't stand looking at the weeds that are accumulating in our hard-as-rock dirt out back.
8. I hated outside chores growing up. That's why we were going to get a townhouse. Instead we got a steal of a deal for the house and now I have a yard to keep up. Too much yard. I spent yesterday afternoon weeding the right side of the front yard, today I'll do the left side. Tomorrow and Saturday I'll be working in the back with a shovel and weedwacker to get it all cleaned up. Not looking forward to that.
9. I can't wait to see Just Go With It. Who doesn't love Jennifer and Adam? Soon enough!
10. Chayse will be 25 this month. I've been working on it for months now. Mainly since Christmas. Sounds crazy, but I am so excited for it! I hope he enjoys his day!
11. I am feeling very happy down here in Saint George and making some good friends. I am glad we moved here and have been able to meet people in the neighborhood and at church.
12. I love traveling and have been thinking about where to go next. I have too many ideas. Way too many for our tiny travel budget. And then soon enough we get to add a little baby! Wahooo! I am excited to be able to show the little one different parts of the world and experience more than what our little city has to offer.
13. I wish we had tickets to go to the Mountain West Conference Tournament! How much fun would that be!?! Too bad we aren't donors to BYU just yet. We'll get there...eventually...
14. I really enjoy reading and have been taking my nieces to the library for over a year. It's been a lot of fun and have been able to see them fall in love with books. I am glad I found something so cheap and convenient to make them think how cool I am, and someone to boost my self-esteem up when they tell me how big I am ;)
15. I love to cook and am always looking for new things to try! I've found a good mac and cheese recipe to finally take place of the box. I am now working on finding a chicken cordon bleu recipe that is worth the time and tastes delicious. Then I'll move on to making frozen meals and see how those turn out. Oh how exciting!
Now to tag people...
Stacie Reeve
Grace Matthews
Jenna Reynolds
Jennica Rice
Dana Chambers
Sarah Pomeroy
Good luck friends! I'll be waiting...
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Can I just say how excited I am for March 29th?!!?? That will be so fun to find out what this little baby is, and it will make it so much more real for you I'm sure. Also, I just wanted to congratulate you on not passing out!! (I think you should have Chayse talk to Ryan about the whole shoe-rewarding deal).
ReplyDelete