Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Baby's Room

Mom came to visit June 1-10 and boy was it a lifesaver!!! I found out on the 1st about the diabetes and then after going to Provo to visit Max with Mom, I had an appointment with the diabetes lady and then Mom helped me figure out food ideas and all such as that. WOW that was just an intense few days. I've now become a semi-pro at this whole blood sugar prick (yeah, can you believe that one?!!??) and can actually get it on the first try now. Before it took me 3-4 pricks and 2 mistakes before I would get a correct reading. So after pouring money down the drain, I now have a tiny routine to make sure it's done right. PHEW!!!

Okay, so here's how the trip started. We can't call this a vacation for mom since we were moving every minute! On Thursday the 2nd, we picked up bumper fabric at JoAnn's and found a paint color at Home Depot, along with other errands, but those are the ones to highlight. Below I have a little proof that mom is a pro at painting. I mean, I have no idea who this lady is below here, but she's good at what she does!

After returning back from Provo, we had a few things for Chayse to put together. Here he is with the dresser. Good job, hun!
Here's a photo of one side of the room that has things. Ha, the other side is just painted "Bubble Gum Pink". That's right. The most beautiful color EVER!!!! Chayse was a bit thrown back at what was on the walls, but it's dulled down a bit. Or maybe our senses have become more dull to the pink-ness of it all? Regardless, I am in LOVE with the color choice and now need to figure out where I am going to doodle on the wall. That sounds professional, doesn't it? It'll look good if all goes according to the plan in my head! We'll find out though!!!

Ta-da! I even have a few things from a baby shower my friends threw for me down in Saint George. I'll post that later. It was so great to be able to have mom there. I was thankful my friends could work around mom so that she was able to be there too! I was just overwhelmed with all the love and support that evening. I am very happy to be living in the neighborhood I live in!


Mom and I skyped Dad and put the cradle he made 31 years ago for my older brother to sleep in when they came back from the hospital...and now I get to use it!!!! I'm so excited! We don't have it on it's legs yet, but we'll get to that. Don't worry!
Here is the baby girl's blessing dress I made!!!!! I am sooo proud of it! I have a tie that will go around the waist as well for a little more detail. And about the buttons that are missing...when I get brave enough I'll attach those and make button holes. Eeeeek!

Now for your 30 week photo. We were in Nordstrom and I looooved these shoes! They are amazing! But I have no balance right now so I can't really justify wearing them right now. Maybe as a birthday gift? Oh, they are so beautiful!

10 weeks to go! And only 280 prickings left!!! Plus I gotta make the bumpers and finish decorating the room. Possibly. I may have picked up a chandiler from IKEA that I hope to hang up....we'll see if the idea works. More photos to come when things happen!

3 comments:

  1. You are so cute! You are so tiny! I love the bump! And I love the shoes! I was a shorter so I could wear heels like that!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room looks great, I love the color! You look so good too! Good job on the dress, that's so cool you made it. And I'm pretty sure you need those heels after you have her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog again! YAY! I LOVE the room color. How cool is that?! Oh, and her dress turned our absolutely adorable. How fun is it to think that she will be wearing that pretty soon :0)

    ReplyDelete