Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Library!

I have tried to make sure I get a little bit of one-on-one time with two of my nieces. The third one can't really leave her mama yet, and my nephew needs to be potty trained still. Those are the requirements... leave mom for at least an hour, be able to talk and not wet your pants! Rockwell still gets attention, but this post is for Eyla and Raya, mainly.

The easiest thing I could come up with was going to the library. They absolutely love it. Love love LOVE it! I won't say that I was the one who gave them a love for books, but I am happy to say that I have been able to add to their desire to read and learn, being able to do something solo and quiet. I would think that's something very useful. I loved reading books growing up and still do, so I want my daughter to have the same love along with those I care about.

But every Friday I take one to the library, since it's FREE! Unless I forget to return something, but whatever. Since it's been about 3 weeks when the last one went, I figured I'd do both of them this time because they are older and able to do things without assistance and slightly trustworthy.
They love using baskets to pick out a few books to bring home.
Eyla just finishing a book and deeming it good enough to bring home.

Raya...we aren't sure what she's doing but that's her in a nutshell.

This week ended being pretty special because their Mom suggested we go on the carousel just behind the library. They were very excited to go and said this was their first time. They were first in line and picked two horses next to each other. I tried to explain what would happen while it went around and around (they watched it before getting on but I was worried they'd scream and want off). They did a great job remaining calm and wanted to go on it again!

Before the ride started, wondering why I wasn't sitting on a horse too!
Raya in the middle of the ride. They would NOT stop leaning on the pole. Security or something.

This was as far as Eyla would release her head!

Their faces are complete with terror, but they did a fabulous job composing themselves and having fun on the carousel! THANK YOU for giving us the money to ride it, mom! They most definately will ride it again, and wanted to but since we only brought a dollar with us, we couldn't. It was a great day at the library with the two little ones! I am still trying to figure out what to do once my daughter comes...guess we have a little bit of time before we need to worry about that!

1 comment:

  1. Aww they are so cute and you are such a good aunt! How fun that you are able to do that for them, I'm sure they will remember it forever! Also, good job on the bumpers and you look great! :)

    ReplyDelete