Saturday, August 13, 2011

6 Days til Aug 19!

It's August 13, and technically only 6 days until she's supposed to be here? I understand these "due dates" are quite the random shot in the dark, but at my size I really am completely shocked she's not early! There really is something extremely miraculous about the female body that allows something to stay inside and grow for so long!

I must admit, I have had a pretty easy pregnancy. These last few weeks though have really been a lot! Starting for the 3rd trimester I would get Charlie Horses about 2-3 times a week, just because. You best believe I'm hydrated from drinking 7 glasses of water a day, plus whatever is in the food I eat. Then came the lovely glucose test telling me I am diabetic and now get to regulate my diet, even though most get to eat WHATEVER they want! I tell you what, as soon as she's out I'm getting a shake. Maybe two, plus some sugar cereal and ice cream with toppings. That's right, with toppings! No more COUNTING CARBS! This is lame!! Then I'll calm down. It's hard when you are told you can't have it, then the pregnant lady next to you is just scarfing whatever she wants down. Then I got to prick myself 4 times a day, yay! I sure slowed down on that because I knew what my numbers would be, so now I do it 1-2 times a day, once because I need to, twice if I remember!

I was also able to have the rhogham shot for being A- (Thanks parents!) So when they tested for Step something or other, I assumed I'd have that. But I DON'T!!! That sure was a nice little treat. ;)

Since 37 weeks I've had this WONDERFUL numb right hand. It seems to be practically useless. I wake up from it if I end up sleeping on the thing and I can't write anything anymore. Typing is difficult, but manageable. But don't think it's useful to hold things, it's extremely painful until the first few hours of the day have passed by, then I have more use of it. I'd say it's at 40% usage. The left hand today decided to be numb this morning and it's at 80% right now. We'll work on that. Apparently she's sitting on a nerve...or I've gained a lot of weight that has caused some nerves to restrict and not be useful. Great!

At my doctor's appointment on the 10, he said that she's mid to high 6 pounds right now (whattt???) and is optimistic about no c-section. That's exciting! I am not worried about needing to have one, I know it's a possibility especially at my size, and he's been a wonderful doctor so far, I don't think there's anything to worry about when she decides to make her debut! 

38 Weeks


8 days/39 weeks plus 1
Which makes me wonder...when are you coming little one?!? I thought you'd be early, so I was hoping for only one week early (yesterday). Now you're not here. We've got a few things set up for you. I think we're "ready" whenever you are. Sooo...when did you want to come???



2 comments:

  1. Haha I bet you are ready for it to end and have your hands back, and of course a cute little baby!! Hope she comes soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can't wait to see pictures of her when does decide to come! Hope your last little bit of pregnancy goes well, get your sleep while you can girl!!!

    ReplyDelete