Friday, September 26, 2014

Zoey Violet is here!

Now she's 6 weeks old, it's probably time to write something down so that it's not forgotten.


The week leading up to Zoey's birth was a very anxious and emotional one. I was stressed to think she was coming sooner than I anticipated and not ready to tackle on everything that comes with those wonderful newborns. I was worried she'd be more like her sister, not sleeping, eating every 20 minutes and turned me into a ball of sleepless stress; and praying she'd be more like her brother, easy going, great eater and slept all the time!!!! I had two completely different experiences with newborns and at least hoped for some middle ground!


Thankfully she leans more toward Zane, but still her own person. But that's how she is now. I'll back track.


My due date was August 15 with this baby and I had Lux 4 days after her due date and was induced 2 days after Zane was due. I just like having my babies come after they are "due". But when my sister in law got engaged and set her date for the 16, that caused a bit of stress for me, but then I did want Lux and this baby to have a bit of time between their birthdays so it would be more about them and not such a rush. (Add in our anniversary and it was an odd, emotional month!) So I thought having this one a week early would be just fine. Then add on my niece needing heart surgery on the 19th and there was no way I'd have any help if I waited until after the 11 to have this baby. I had some stress from that not being in my control with other major events happening in Chayse's family. I did start to feel neglected and that this event in my family's life wasn't as important as the other two. It was just bad timing for me to have all this going on at once!!!


After speaking with my Dr I found out that I couldn't get induced the weekend before and the soonest I could have the baby was Monday the 11. All weekend I was just an anxious mess, stressed and tired not ready for the baby. Chayse comforted me and all was well when he finally talked me into not waiting any longer because I'd still be crazy and anxious if I didn't just go ahead and have the baby. He wanted to wait until the due date only because he's not too keen on weddings. haha.


We got a call early Monday morning to come in and waited for Chayse's mom to come over and watch the kids for us. I was hooked up to everything by 7:15 and assumed that we would know what gender the baby was by early afternoon. There was nothing odd about my labor. Dr broke my water and then I got the epidural soon after. Because why be in pain when you don't have to! The epidural went smoothly and it was the most numb I'd been with any of the kids. Chayse and I tried to get a bit of rest and played our typical labor and delivery card game, 5 Crowns. Really fun if you haven't played it before! Then lunchtime came and I was barely progressing. I loved my nurse and she was very kind to us and there when we needed anything. I let Chayse order some food, but had him tell me his choices and I wouldn't let him get anything that smelled because I was starving. I had a ton of popsicles, water and suckers since that's all you can have.


Finally the baby started moving down and just about 4:15 the nurse called my Dr in and I did a "practice push" just before he arrived. She yelled at me to stop and we waited a few minutes until he showed up. Two pushes later, Zoey was born at 4:30pm! I was shocked when it was a girl because I had diabetes with Lux so assumed that was a trigger for me with girls. But the way she was sitting inside it was different from both kids, so I didn't know from that at all. The last few months of my pregnancy Lux kept asking for a little girlie baby and was wanting a sister. So when she was a girl I was so thrilled for Lux to have a little sister to grow up with and play with and become best friends. I have three brothers so it will be fun to see the dynamics of a sisters relationship. As soon as we saw her, she was a Zoey to us. I had liked that name for Lux but obviously didn't use it. Violet is my Nanna's middle name and wanted to give her a name that meant something to us. So Zoey Violet Myers is here to stay! (She was 7 pounds 12 ounces and 19 inches at birth)


The kids came after everything was cleared out of the room with Chayse's parents. They were so thrilled to see her. The smile on Lux's face is just priceless. She loves her sister more than I could imagine. Zane also can't give her enough kisses throughout the day. I am so happy that she is here and my anxiety is gone. Sure those first few weeks are the best emotional ride you could ever ask for, but I know it is normal and I was able to use those around me to help me along. I have some of the best neighbors and friends one could ever ask for. I am beyond thankful for their generosity when family wasn't able to help. It was so nice to have Chayse's parents around to take care of my "big kids" (who were just 13 months and 2 weeks shy of 3 years old, hardly big!!) and let them be around family while this major change was happening to ours.


Since Zoey has come home we have had a handful of visitors and many major happenings in the Myers' family. This has been the first "normal" week and it has been very nice to get into a semi-schedule and really see my kids interact with each other and me throughout the days. Zoey has been a wonderful baby. She nurses and takes formula, which has been helpful when I have to take Lux to preschool (which I am doing with two other moms) or dance. She was 8 1/2 pounds at her two week appointment and has grown much faster than Lux (who would only nurse even after starving her for 12 hours to try and get her to take a bottle all day...still wouldn't...stubborn!). Zane loves to help feed her and Lux always wants to hold her sister. Zane also tries to give her a paci when she is screaming. It is the cutest thing! Someone told me that each of their personalities will soon mesh and you'll be able to see each child complimenting the others. And that is what I have already seen these past few weeks. The Lord has really blessed me with these wonderful babies and I am thankful for everything they teach me and each other. I am glad Zoey is here and am shocked how fast time has flown since she joined us.



No comments:

Post a Comment