A good friend suggested I should write everything down so I can look back and see what mountains were crossed and the love I was able to feel. In this suggestion, I decided to share it publicly. I have felt more love this week than I ever imagined. So many have reached out and just loved and prayer for me and my family. I am worried about my family. That's my focus. My kids. I don't want them to miss out and I am the worst at thinking that I am missing out on something fun. But here goes. Join me on my journey. Laugh with me, cry, pray with me and see the miracles that have already begun so early on.
I have started the hashtag #igotthis because of my kids. I think Zoey is the one who truly coined it, but I think any one of them has said it more times that I can count. "I got this" when I try to help them buckle up. "I got this" when I am washing grapes for lunch. "I got this" just seems to be in their vocabulary and is the only thing I can think of right now. "I got this" because I have to. I have four beautiful children that I won't miss out on and a husband that is there continually as we both look toward a loving Heavenly Father who is watching over our family and a living Christ that has felt all of this. All the emotions and pains of this journey we will begin together. So, join us in prayer as we take on an adventure of a lifetime.
Going back, for history's sake, I found a small lump under my armpit in mid August 2017. It was a Saturday and as I was washing up I felt it and got worried. But nothing could be done as the doctor's office wouldn't be open until Monday. I got the first appointment I could on Thursday August 17 and the nurse practitioner said it is 99% a cyst, no worries, and to just get an ultrasound to make sure that is the finding. I remember my first cyst being on my left hand in high school. For the next 10 years it would come and go, not worrying about it. I would practically faint at the idea of having it removed. So instead my hand was beaten with books and hit against walls to get it to disperse. But soon enough it would come crawling back for more. With a history of it, they weren't worried it was anything else.
Things have moved very quickly and I got a call within the next day to schedule to ultrasound. That was completed on August 20. They offered the option of removal (HA! That's funny) or to come back in 6 months and measure the growth. I was diagnosed with a complex cyst and sent on my merry way. The following week I got calls every day from a surgical center my doctor recommended to have a second opinion. I wasn't keen on the idea so I ignored them and figured that when I felt like I should go back, I would do just that.
Come mid October I had noticeable growth going on. It was now closer to a golf ball in size and starting to irritate me. This was the first time I thought, 'hmm, maybe removal isn't a bad idea?' But obviously I pushed that thought to the side and figured maybe a second opinion wouldn't be too terrible of an idea. We were able at the deducible and well, why not. I finally got the nerve up to call and scheduled an appointment to meet with the surgeon and went in to see Dr Myers.
I picked Dr. Myers because of the history with him that he is probably unaware of. Back in November of 2011, Lux was a mere 3 months old. My parents were out visiting for Thanksgiving and we were going to drive up to see Andrew, Jill and 1 month old Amber in Rexburg, Idaho. Things took the turn for the worst for my Nanna and my mom flew out from Vegas the next day to get her passport and head off to England to be with her mom those last few hours of her life. My only prayer at that time was that my mom would be able to see her angel mother before passing on to the next life. She made it and was able to spend some time with her sister and mom before passing. All the while, I turned 26 and then had Thanksgiving without my husband because he wasn't able to take any time off from his new job. As we were heading back from Rexburg I had called Chayse and he said he was feeling sick and in a lot of pain. Next thing I know I got a call from a nurse saying Chayse was in the operating room and would be out shortly. WHATTT?? He was feeling all this pain from his appendix that was about to rupture. Even drove himself to the ER and was just taking care of himself. We are both the types that just gets things done ourselves. It's just easier that way sometimes. But Dr Myers was his surgeon and took such good care of my husband in time of need. So when I heard his name at the surgical center I picked him as he is also related to Chayse's grandpa. Probably second cousins.
Friday, November 17, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dr. Myers performed John’s appendectomy too!
ReplyDeleteThink of you Char!!