Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Baby update!

As of July 19, I have ONE MONTH LEFT til "due date". That's 4 1/2 weeks to go!! I was able to finish up the bumpers, finally, and headed back to Kennesaw for a week. It was a wonderful week and I am soooo glad that I went! Just before leaving I was able to finish up the baby bumpers. I am thrilled with how they turned out!

Mom and I went to visit Dad while he was up in Chattanooga for his Mini Meet and we had fun looking around and sitting in the air conditioning to eat dinner together while he had some free time.

He stayed at the ChooChoo Hotel, where they had train lines running during "The War of Northern Aggression."

Uhh...look close and there's a photo of me at 33 1/2 weeks. Different angle of the train.

Walking bridge that must've been a mile long. Nice views from the edge and a great wind alongside as well.
I was also treated to a baby shower with three amazing friends from high school! It was soooo great to see them and I am sad to not live close enough to visit with each other more often. We chatted, decorated onsies and bibs and they were way too giving, but I am very grateful for their thoughtfulness!
I also had a baby shower with the ladies in my ward. They are so kind and generous as well! I am blessed to have fantastic people in my life. Here's the food spread. When Susan is given a task, she doesn't like to go halfway. It was wonderful to see people that I hadn't seen in a while, some from graduating from high school! Crazy! But I am thankful for their generosity and the opportunity I had to visit with them while in Georgia for a short week.
Here's a shot of me for 34 1/2 weeks. Guess you can't tell that well, but that's all I have. I keep thinking of getting Chayse to take a photo of me...but I always forget! Maybe I'll get him to take one tonight...
My trip home was WONDERFUL! I did miss Chayse, of course!!, but he most definitely would have been bored stiff with the shopping and organizing and baby showers that went on. I sure am glad the plane ticket prices dropped so I was able to have this opportunity to travel one last time before our baby girl arrives!

Another update...the diabetes is going well. Better than I thought it would. I have been able to control my numbers through diet and not have to take the next step. I will be more than thrilled to stop checking my sugars once she comes out, but she can stay in as long as she wants. I am in NO HURRY right now and thankful to be able to feel her squirm around a lot! Oddly enough, I LOVE it when she has the hiccups. That must be mean to say, but it's fun to feel her have the same things that all humans have. Makes her just that much more real. And she'll be here soon enough. I'll enjoy the last few diet regiments before taking care of her!

1 comment:

  1. you are such a cute preggo girl Charlotte! Enjoy your last few weeks baby-free and go out on lots of dates! :) Not implying it's not great after you have a baby, just totally different. As I'm sure you know. :)

    ReplyDelete