Lux and I took our first great adventure together at the beginning of January. We booked us a 6am flight from Saint George to Salt Lake, then off to Atlanta from there. Not sure what I was thinking about 6 am, but it sounded better than arriving at 7pm, but looking back...maybe I should have done that. Either way the whole experience went just fine. We were up at 5am and out the door 15 minutes later for the airport and arrived just in time to get on the plane, thank goodness! She was such a good baby the entire way. Apparently she was too distracted by all the people that she did not want to nap. I think we got two 20 minute naps in but she was an angel the whole time in my lap so I can't complain. Even with full flights she was great to fly with.
We arrived at 2:30 in Atlanta and boy was she excited to be greeted by Grandmummy! As soon as we got to the car she was fast asleep though, thank goodness. Being awake that long for anybody can make you tired. This child has such incredible stamina for staying awake it shocks me. Especially since I've always been a napper...until Aug 23!! haha
We went out shopping while in Georgia and she loved every minute of her stroller. Thank goodness for that thing too! I wouldn't have survived in the airport without it. It just made everything so much easier with Lux. She thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the people around her and what they were doing. What a nosey baby. Guess she gets that from me though...
As of January 1, we kicked her out of our room and into a crib in her own bedroom. What a great idea it was! Don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Even though she still wakes twice a night I have been sleeping better for the few hours I do get clumped together. She loved the pack-n-play at her grandparent's house and did well sleeping there. Mind you I don't really know how quickly she fell asleep because I was treated too kindly and I would wake and feed her, then mom would help her fall asleep, be it rubbing her belly or shaking the crib a bit. And what a lifesaver that was! Much needed sleep obtained!! THANK YOU!!!!
We took our baths in the sink because she still can't sit up on her own. I'll let her take them in the regular tub once that happens! But she looked darn cute sitting in the small sink and got interested in the faucet, so that was adobrale.
He two shoes lined up beside Max's shoes. I bet having no one in the house is a bit strange, so leaving out his shoes did seem like the best idea to me too. (Max left on his mission in Oct 2011)
Reading her new book from IKEA with Papa and trying to strengthen those tummy and neck muscles!
Happy baby with Grandmummy!
Getting ready to board the plane. Thank goodness Papa could come with us to the gate because it would have been impossible to go through Atlanta security alone. Wow. Things travelling definately change with a baby, but I am so glad we were able to show her off to my friends back home and to just do some stuff with her grandparents on their turf, We are excited to come back again! Hopefully before the babe turns 1!
No comments:
Post a Comment