Monday, April 30, 2012

Sleeping Princess

I have gotten in the habit of leaving the door to Lux's room cracked to see how she ends up sleeping. I stopped swaddling her about 3 weeks ago because it didn't seem to make a difference. She would just get out of it (I only wrapped the bottom because even from day 1 she would scream if her arms were wrapped as well). And about 2 weeks ago she realized she can sleep on her belly. I think it's the cutest thing ever. I am absolutely in love with it and wish I could just sit and watch her all day sleep like this. And I must add, it's been a wonderful 2 months since she learned how to take naps on her own. I am so happy about that. I finally have "me" time to get things done! And when we are together we are both much happier. I am sooo proud of the progress Lux has made with her naps!!!
 



The other day I was sitting on the chair in her room reading, just waiting for her to fall asleep so I could peek in and see how she ended up. And I got a nice entertaining show while waiting! She kept lifting up her head and I could see the top of it over the bumpers and it just made me smile. She talked to herself and moaned a bit, rolled around. Ended up sticking a foot out of the bottom of the bumpers then pulled it back in. One more head lift...and then she was out. Just like a light bulb. Ohhh silly girl! And I must say, what a simple joy watching her sleep. I am most definitely feeling satisfied to be a mom.

1 comment:

  1. hahah oh.....so cute. And I'm so happy for you (and Lux) that she's sleeping better!! That really is way exciting. She looks so old in these pictures too! What a cute little girly.

    ReplyDelete