
While I was in Vegas, the kids had plenty of fun at home!! Dad made forts with them, let them watch a movie and just have a great time while mom was gone.

Another note, Chayse made a bet with a coworker that he could beat her planking. He had been practicing all week to prepare for this. All week. I assumed that since the bet was, if she wins Chayse gets to run a half marathon (no prep obviously, as the half would be the next day) and if Chayse wins...I can't remember. Because point of the story is he lost. Rumor was he barely lost. He lasted 8 minutes. EIGHT!! In HIIT last week they did a plank contest at the end. I didn't even try. HAHA. Not at all. Three girls made it to 3 minutes and we stopped there as the next class was ready to come in. Maybe I should get to practicing something like that soon.

Chayse lost, he ran. And did a great job too. Back in 2013, Chayse decided to run the St George Marathon with his siblings. My excuse? I don't really run and we had two kids that needed to be watched while he was running. And I didn't want to train either. The furthest Chayse ran was 6 miles before actually running the marathon. Who does that? And he still finished in just over 4 hours. He's pretty athletically inclined. Way to go, honey!

Honey. That reminds me...Last summer the kids were big into playing house. There was always a mom and a honey. Took me a few times overhearing them playing to figure that out. I call Chayse honey. Hence...a mom and a honey. No dad. Just a honey! Kids pick up on things quicker than I ever imagined. They are fun kids.

I did miss them while I was gone. My kids. They give me the biggest headaches some days, but they really are my greatest joy. Can't know the highs without the lows. And those kids....they give you some good highs. And realize that you are not a perfect person when those lows are around. But those highs are worthwhile. Very much so. I am glad I was blessed with four of the best humans around. I really hope I can do my best as a parent to help mold them into useful members of society. Sometimes you think you are failing, but then a good moment happens and it's all worthwhile.
PHEW. All these words just to say the kids had a great time without mom last week!
No comments:
Post a Comment