Monday, April 2, 2018

Wednesday February 21

Zane has been waiting for today for weeks. Field Trip Day. Probably the best days of the year in regards to school. Had a pretty big countdown once I mentioned casually, you know, the kind where you assume kids aren't listening because they generally aren't! And then the countdown began! Mrs Rachel's preschool went to the Children's Museum in downtown St George and he had the best time. I was wanting to go but knew it wasn't the best idea one day after chemo. Oh I love going on field trips with my kids and sadly his first one I couldn't join in on. There'll be more later I am hopeful!

Enid came over to help out with the house and is so much fun to chat with. She is full of life and energy and has made it through so many things to let her celebrate the good times. I enjoy talking to her and learning more about her. It's been a great friendship. I am so grateful for her assistance!

Zane, Lizzie and Grayson playing with pennies
I also spent some of the day packing for my girl's trip tomorrow. Yes. Tomorrow. I have been planning this trip with my BYU college roommates I met my junior year in 2006. They were so much fun during those days and have been planning this since the summer. Then come October we picked dates, started finding flights and settled on Vegas. I feel like it's been a blessing that Vegas was the place we would be meeting up because I didn't have to worry about flying and deciding way in advance that I would be capable of going. They are meeting up tonight at Monte Carlo and I was planning on helping pick everyone up at the airport, but decided that going tonight wasn't the best idea for me. I wanted to spend another day sleeping in my own bed because of how badly I have been sleeping lately. About 10 days after chemo I start getting in a better routine with my sleep, waking up less and possibly once or none times. And it's gotten a bit worse the further on I've gone. I try not to use anything to help me sleep, but sometimes it is just too tempting. I don't want to get dependent on them, but now I can see better how getting hooked on certain drugs is a simple thing. I haven't refilled any of the stronger stuff yet, but I can see it easier each round I complete. I am so glad I only have 8 rounds total...as far as I know.

But back to the story. I packed for Vegas. I have my drugs bag, filled with all sorts of goodies and side effect kickers, just in case. A bag for clothes and the wig, no hair products to save on space. A bag for snacks, because it's a good 90-100 minutes away. And I borrowed Grandma's wheelchair, just in case. I am good to go.

I am hoping things go smoothly and the aches don't get too terrible, too quickly. I want to do as much as I can with everyone. We have some fun activities planned and if there's one thing I don't enjoy is missing out. May my legs not be too restless and my bladder empty before I fall asleep and the stars align and I can leave at a decent hour to get the party started!

No comments:

Post a Comment