Thursday, February 17, 2011

Chayse's Birthday & A Proposal

So things were going REALLY well with us and we were both just enjoying our time together. For Chayse's 22nd birthday I had the best gift ever! I made him a frame, got him a temple bag instead of the old duffel bag he'd been using, and wrote different reasons why I cared about him on pieces of paper and had those throughout the bag for him to look at later. I kept telling him how excited I was to give him this gift and he said if it's that important to me, then he wants to open it in a spot that's special to him. He told me it was where he opened his mission call when he received it and that where he wanted to open his present. That made me quiet and it sounded like a reasonable request!
 
So after my class on Wednesday, Chayse came and picked me up and we headed over to the place where he opened his mission call...Rock Canyon Park. It's about 20 times prettier in the summer, but it was still great scenery. Let's just say Chayse was thrilled that the storm we were supposed to have passed through earlier in the day. But it did make for an eventful day for Chayse, since his plan was to be outside...
Here's the birthday boy with his typical THUMBS UP. Silly boy! I thought it was kind of funny for him to have picked this rock just off the pathway to open his call, but whatever, who am I to judge a "special spot"? He ended up loving the gifts...or was it just because it was a good distraction to have for a few minutes...? After he opened it up, he said he wanted to show me something. So he took me on the path that's just behind the rock and since I still had out the camera...
THIS IS WHAT WE SAW!! I thought it was neat to see and we kept walking towards it. As we were walking, he put his hands in my back pocket and I pulled him beside me to walk with me since I was wearing heels and those don't go so well with unpaved pathways. Then we got up to THIS!

I took this after he proposed, but I was shocked to see my favorite blue box! I told him to open it, but he made me. Then inside there was a note that said to check my back pocket in the box and I pulled out a little bag that had the wedding band inside!! By this time I was sitting down, then when I looked up Chayse was on one knee and proposed! I was soooo happy and so glad that we were finally official! I could start actually thinking of things and telling people! YAYYYY!!! And I got three more beautiful roses from my honey. And I love that blanket, which I still use just about every night when we lounge around together.
Here we are just after I said yes! Love Him!!!!! Afterwards we headed to dinner with some of his family, of course, at Red Robin. It was there I found out that Julianna was with Eyla in the car hiding in the parking lot at Rock Canyon hoping we wouldn't see them while Perry and McKell were up on the hill using their long lenses to take photos of the whole proposal! So I've got about 30 or so photos of us walking down the path, him on his knee and us kissing. HOW FUN! Chayse did such a wonderful job, I am just so happy things turned out the way they did.
YAY! We're ENGAGED!!! And off for a long summer ahead of us, but at the end we get to be...MARRIED!!!!

To be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment