Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dating

Fall semester was a blast with my roommates. We were finding so many things to do and able to date different guys around the area and meet friends and just have a great time. I remember thinking after my first date with Chayse, "When is gonna call!?" But patience started to be tested when I waited...and waited... After going on dates with other guys while waiting, I decided to take matters into my own hands and messaged him through Facebook. I don't know what was said, but I do know that he started to come to a few of my volleyball games (I was on a team with girlfriends from Kennesaw that I played against in high school) and we talked a bit after those but Chayse was always illusive and needing to be on the move. Come to find out the boy was a dating machine trying to figure out what was right for him. And that he had canceled, some last minute, dates to be able to come to see me ;)

I think this was our next "official" date. I remember coming home early from something and talking to one of my roommates friends that was over. She had nothing planned for the rest of the night either, so around 10 I texted Chayse to see if he wanted to carve pumpkins. No word...until midnight when he says sure and calls to let us know when he and a few of his mission buddies would be over to get the two of us. I was wondering why he took so long to respond, but found out later that he responded as soon as he got the text. Good thing I hadn't changed into my pj's!! So he came and got us and we went to Smith's to get these orange guys and proceeded to carve them until about 3am and then he walked me home (his buddy Andrew walked with Sarah to our apartment). It was a really fun night and I'm sure he thought I was a bit crazy, especially since it was so late and I tend to get crazy at late hours!!

After our Halloween date, we saw each other off and on for the next two months and then he asked me to lunch the Monday before finals. We went to the Cougareat and got us some Navajo Tacos from L&T and I did something I had NEVER done before...I ate the WHOLE THING!! It was quite a miracle and we should have taken photos because I'm not sure I'll ever do it again. Then that night we went to the movies to see Seven Pounds, then just hung out the rest of the week inbetween "studying" and taking tests.
After talking over Christmas vacation so much, I knew I needed to get to know him better so that we could figure out if things would work out with us. We ended up being on a soccer team with, you guessed it, half of Chayse's family. McKell, Perry, Ryan and Mikell were all on the team with us and we had a great time playing in the Indoor Practice Facility.

We started doing just about everything together. We went to the tumbling gym with my roommates and some other friends, we made dinner together, went to the store, just about anything. I also wanted to add this weird shot of me with my first rose from Chayse! Might I add that I am the only woman to have ever gotten any from him ;) Don't I feel special!? Things were going really well, I just knew that I wanted to be with him because from all the other guys I had dated, he had everything I wanted. He was the perfect (mis)match for me since we are nothing alike, but sooo dang simliar! I'm sure that makes sense even though the words I wrote probably don't...
Around Valentine's he took me to Color Me Mine because he knew that I had been dying to do! Chayse made a bowl (lost), I made this vase (we still have) and we also did a plate (broken by a roommate). It was the day before when I realized that I knew I wanted to marry him and that I felt right about it...so I did this on the bottom of the vase and had already decided our wedding colors (CREEPY?) -Tiffany Blue and Pink! Because what girl DOESN'T love those colors?!

I think this was in early February, but this is on a Sunday when I went with Chayse to meet more of his family. MORE?! Will his family ever end!? Answer: Nope. Not sure who all was there this time, but I know there were more people I didn't recognize. This was for his cousin, Ryan's, first daughter McKenna's baby blessing.

For President's Day weekend we went down to Saint George to hang out with his family and go to the Parade of Homes. It was a great weekend. Chayse found out I love to sleep on car rides and we said "I Love You" for the first time. We just really understood what the other wanted and knew we wanted the other in our future. I was slightly disappointed when we had to go back up to school to finish up the semester (since that was the last official vacation day we had for winter semester) but glad we had been able to talk more and get to know one another even more.

To be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment