| Check out those ice packs on my hands and feet. They are the best. Not. But at least it helps keep neuropathy away and normal feeling in my hands and feet!! |
Not exactly my favorite day. But 6, that's a big deal. Except all I can think about is the puking, the drugs, the aches, just everything. I did start the day at the gym, getting some steps in before having to sit around for the rest of the day.
It has been very nice to just leave when we have to and not schedule sitters for the kids and places for them to go. We have been very lucky to have my parents here to take over when we need. We had to leave at 9:15 today, for a 9:30 blood draw, 10 dr and 10:30/45 chemo start.
Everything looks good with my levels. I am starting to ask a few more questions and not be so nervous. This seems to be what happens with my babies too, just when I am getting "okay" with everything, it is all over! I guess that is a good thing too!! My nerves are about me though, I just keep thinking of my puking happening any minute. bahhh.
I start the premeds about 10:45. They double my benadryl dosage to 50ml, and give me the steriods as well to keep the chemo meds in my system long enough to get the damage done to the cells. We wait about 15 minutes between premeds and the Taxol. Nope. Didn't help. Pukes about 5 minutes after the chemo starts and I'm pumped with more benadryl and some Atavan. Nice and drowsy. And my nurse heros did their best to get everything under control and take care of me the best they could. Being in such a helpless state makes me appreciate them even more than I probably would have. These last two treatments have let me see their quickness and how much they care. My side effects as the nausea was coming to the surface was a big ache in my back, the size of a piece of paper, and my chest just collapsing and feeling stifled. It was just the strangest feeling. I am always so lucky to have friends there and being able to let the nurses know what is going on. And actually communicating for me when all I seem to manage are a few hand signals. I am lucky.
I did my best to stay awake while Cassie was visiting and then Staci came by around 3. I was able to close the place down, again, leaving just after 5. They are just some long days, needing to be there from 9:30-5. Almost a full days work! HA!
Chayse then took me home and I laid down on the couch. And then my next memory is walking to bed and brushing my teeth. I am still doing well with that!! Gotta keep the hygiene up. Oh man, only 2 more of these extra long days left. I can do it. I have to do it. There's really no other way around it.
No comments:
Post a Comment