Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Chemo #4 Tues Jan 23

"My Husband Has An Awesome Wife"
Today was round 4!! I don't think I've ever been so happy to go in to the cancer center as I was today. I greeted everyone with so much cheer and was thrilled to sit down in my chair. Ridiculous. But this was the halfway point. Once I walked out the door in the evening, it meant that I was at the peak of this chemotherapy mountain and I am running on down the rest of that hill. Oh, it was, oddly, a happy happy day in the midst of chemo!!

Got a picture of me and accessed Cathy.
 Still can't look down at her.
Since I had to be ready for labs at 8:30, I needed to hit the gym early today. Chayse and I left the house about 6:30, I got a good 30 minutes on the stairs, then went home and got myself ready with my lidocane on Cathy an hour before needing to be accessed, or stabbed. One in the same, right? After labs comes the Dr appointment and Dr Reese asked if I was at the gym this morning. Yes, we both go to Summit and I have seen him there a handful of times. I suppose I am about the only patient crazy enough to get the gym in before chemo. But I need to keep up my steps and keep beating Chayse's sister, Shay, each day. This is about the only competitiveness I've got in me. Playing games, nah. That was only in high school I was focused on winning. Now I am a bit laid back, if you will. I better step up my game once chemo is over and I don't have too much of an excuse anymore.

Dr Reese cleared me for chemo and I happily sat in my chair by the window. I got started close to 10, and Liz came by to chat for the first hour, and then Mikell was able to come for the last hour with Chayse finishing off round 4. While out and about, Chayse got me a nice plain bagel from Einstein's. Apparently the same worker that questioned the ridiculousness of a plain bagel, not toasted, no smear and nothing exciting about it remembered Chayse. She asked why he was getting the same thing and he said I was wanting it while in the infusion room for chemo. They gave it to him for free with some plain cream cheese smear to go along with it. Because I just like it plain. I thought that was so kind and generous. I need to head over there on a good day and actually order something real. More exciting than something plain!

I loved chatting with both Liz and Mikell and I am grateful for their service to me to just come and sit and chat. I know it is something people wound find as simple. But I am seeing service in a whole new light these days and I am looking forward to the day when I get to do the same thing to others. I have had too many blessings given to me and my family without question, at times it is beyond overwhelming and fills me with love to the brim. I hope those who have served us can see the blessings they are given from God for doing these things. He is a generous God and is wanting to give us more than we deserve. That is why writing these things down make it important because life has been such a blur. From a simple playgroup to help my kids stay in some form of normalcy, to bringing dinner over, to sending a simple text or just getting on your knees and praying for us, we are blessed to have each of you in our lives. THANK YOU!!!!

I think one of my favorite parts of chemo is coming home to my babies. They are just so sweet and tender, especially on day one. They read me books, they snuggle more, and let me get under covers. I do need to mention that yes, those are still my eyebrows and eyelashes. Sure, I've added some makeup. But they're mine!! And so are those big angels. Naked Pippa who looks too bit to be only 16 months old (or thereabout. Sept 22 she'll be 2, so you can double check my math!). I'm just a lucky mama with 4 angels that make me stay active and keep fighting. They're the best. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment