Tuesday was spent with the usual routine. We also have play group today and I was able to get things organized at the house, along with a quick rest. I have been getting worried about this. Storytime.
 |
| Bedtime snuggles for sisters! |
I went to BYU in 2004 and lived off campus with a friend. Looking back, I should have been in the dorms like everyone else, but Laura was going to be a sophmore and wanted to live in an apartment where her brother would be living. (Funny note-it was University Villa, same place Chayse was living when we started dating. It was two blocks north of my complex, Devere Court.) So I took on a full load, and decided that I could handle the AP classes I had taken in high school, but never took the tests to pass. I got a bit lazy. Okay. A lot lazy. I did go to classes, the other study sessions and the math lab to get help on homework when I didn't understand what was going on in calculus. But beyond finishing homework, I wasn't good with studying. Then I decided I wanted to start earning my own money and got a job at the MTC (Missionary Training Center located 3 miles from my apartment) and started at 6am. Not exactly a friendly time for college students. I went with my friend Stephanie who started at 5:30, and just clocked in when I was supposed to and brought everything with me to head to campus straight after work using the bus (it's just on the north edge of campus, and classes were in the middle, so it only took 5 minutes by bus, a solid 20-30 walking to get to class). The point of the story? Right here. By working I was able to get my productivity up. I was pretty lazy before getting one. Now I had certain times to work, go to class, and then an earlier bedtime as 5:15 comes by pretty quickly! And then you want to throw in some fun and entertainment as well. I manage my time better when I am busy.
 |
| Zane's bed is so cozy. I take half my naps in it. |
Real point of the story? With these naps and chemo and resting times, it gets a bit difficult for me. I am a busy person. And now I have had no time to journal our photos and put them in photobooks. It's a hobby and I enjoy the peace I get from making them. It also makes me keep up (somewhat) on my major of print design. I loved my internship in Chicago where I was able to do the layout for a magazine, Chicago Woman. It's something I love and something I don't want to give up. I am hoping at the end of chemo, and really everything, I will be able to get back to my level of activity. I want to do my photobooks again, serve others by seeing their needs and helping fill them the way so many of you have done for us. And then make dinner again for my family and just be normal again. Hence my need for a routine.
I love my husband and kids. They are such a light through all of this. I can see some discipline needs are coming up. But otherwise, we are doing well. The kids are champs and are so fun. And hard too. But thinking of the good will help everything.
Ohhh I almost forgot. Zoey. I may have egged her on today. She wanted to play dress up and found the plastic hair items (straightener, curling iron, blow dryer and brush).
Me: "Hey Zoey, can you do my hair for me?"
Zoey: "No mom"
Me: "Why not?"
Zoey: "Mom. You don't even have hair. You just have a head."
Baaahahaha! She's funny. Love that kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment