It was an eventful day for the kids really. My mother in law came at 9 to get Zane, Zoey and Pippa to head up to Uncle Trumbull and Aunt McKell's farm. Zane skipped school today to be able to play with grandma. So the plan was to get Lux from school when lunch started so mom and I could drive her up to see the farm and Meritt's pony she got for Christmas, then leave just in time with Pippa to take a nap in the car and head to her party at 2:30. Instead, issues happened at the farm and everyone left to go to the dinosaur park in town. McKell and her two girls joined in. So we still picked Lux up from school because although plans had changed, I just knew she would be so upset to miss out and me having "forgotten" to pick her up.
With the free time in the morning, mom and I got a few things done. I made salads, printed some things for my lesson on Sunday, did some laundry folding and then we took mom's car to the dealership for it to be fixed. After all that was done, a pedicure was in order. Check! That was really nice to have done. By this time it was nearing pick up for Lux. We headed home, got our lunches together, then picked her up and headed to the park. It was a perfect day! High 60s and some beautiful sunshine. The kids had a wonderful time. Zane and Zoey especially loved showing Meritt around! About 1:30, mom and I left with Pippa to get her a nap in. Kim left soon after with the other three and I picked Lux up from their house after they got back for her party. It was at House of Jump and she had a great time. I am glad she went!
My friend was able to bring her home, so that was a lifesaver! After dropping her off, I ran a few errands and then made it home to close my eyes for 30 minutes before Pippa woke back up! Then it was close to 5 and kids started coming back home. The dinner, bath and bedtime routine were up. It was a very busy day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment