Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Wednesday Jan 24

Chayse's mom came over just after Zane left for preschool this morning to look after Pippa and Zoey. About that time, Enid came over and started helping me with the house chores and was able to chat with her throughout the morning. I enjoy having some time to learn more about her and what is going on in her life. She is such a nice, kind woman and has a lot of spunk to her. I'm glad we've become friends. She has been such a help and taken so much stress off my shoulders. Oh, I am grateful for her and Christine!!

Mark, Deb, Mikell and Ryan were still in town as Ryan went hunting with Trumbull this morning. So Deb was beyond kind and got Mikell, Julianna and I some massages at the Foot Palace. I just had the pressure at medium/light and was able to enjoy the time with closed eyes and in relaxation. I hope this doesn't cause any issues with the chemo from yesterday. I was told massages are okay to do during chemo, but just am not sure how it could possibly affect me! It was a nice hour for the massage and some fun conservation for the other hour while driving to and from the appointment. I really have been enjoying my "adult time" with uninterrupted conversations since cancer. They are really the best and do good for the soul.

The rest of the afternoon I spent resting and recovering from chemo. It shocks me how much energy is sucked out of me and spent dealing with the drugs. The first week of chemo I had forgotten to take one med (Claritin) and it caused so many aches in my joints after the Neulasta shot. Ewweee. About that. It happened in the middle of the massages. I am still trying to get used to my shot box. It has no name. I am not attached to it at all. It's pretty gross to me really. The beeps, the blinking green light and then the weird sounds it makes while pumping the medicine in. It is much better than going back in for a shot. I do it to bump my white count up higher, faster, thus enabling me to do chemo every two weeks instead of three. Takes off 8 weeks from this portion of my beating cancer and yes, I am thrilled for that!!

Another thought. Shoot. It's gone. It'll come back later. But the rest of the day was spent with the kids after a quick nap. Homework. Books. Dinner. Books. Bedtime. And then my bedtime. I do love my excuse to go to bed early. My legs do get restless at night, so I am not looking forward to the waking up and potty breaks and dry throat. Oh, the dehydration! Some days I just can't drink. But I'm doing pretty well overall. I look forward to the day when 60 ounces is refreshing and enough to sleep through the night without a dry throat getting to me. It's the little things...

No comments:

Post a Comment