 |
| Lux is getting better at these rotating monkey bars |
The schools here are a bit, odd. Things just made sense with how they were done in Georgia, where I grew up. K-5, then 6-8 and high school 9-12. We also had early morning seminary, a time to study scriptures before high school started and learn more about Jesus and God. Sure, some days were spent napping after waking up each day at 5:45 to be to seminary by 6:30 and then school, followed by sports or other activities.
Here we have half day kindergarten, might as well be a mom boot camp, and then four separate schools for the grades. K-5, 6-7, 8-9, then 10-12 for high school. It just doesn't make sense. And then we have a lot of half days thrown in there as well for elementary school. Not sure what happens in the other schools, but we are far away from 6th grade at the moment. And seriously not looking forward to kids that are so close in age and grades to be in multiple schools. Reason for the rant? Today was a half day.
 |
| Zoey and the swings are learning to get along! |
That means Lux gets home about 1:35 from school as we live about 1/4 mile from the school and she is able to bike or scooter to and from school. It's been the best. I love it. But half days mean the routine is a bit thrown off and sometimes the nap for Pippa is pushed around. Today we did well and had her in bed for a nap about noon, she tossed for a little while, and then slept until 2. That meant we had a beautiful afternoon and could spend it at the park. We met some friends at Hidden Valley and enjoyed getting some fresh air. I love being at the park. Gets energy out. Keeps the house clean. And makes everyone happier feeling the fresh air. And it's an added bonus to not need any jackets. I am very glad we spent a good portion of our afternoon outside.
 |
| Zane has a soft heart for Pippa. |
We then went home, had some dinner, and continued on with the daily life. I enjoy it much more now than I have before. It gives me a sense of normalcy and makes me forget everything that is actually going on. Most of the time I don't feel "sick". I attribute this to the many prayers given for our family. I feel them. I have felt so much comfort. Maybe a bubble of sorts around me, taking everything away and just a constant comfort from my Heavenly Father. I would never recommend going through a difficult time in one's life without prayer. I have had so much success with prayer, and especially with this trial, that I can't deny the power and love felt because of them. And I know He is an unchanging God and would never grant me this blessing without being willing to do the same for others. He follows the rules, and if we do the same we cannot and will not have blessings withheld from us. Although this is a time of waiting, and just seeing what will happen, it is also a time of learning from God and being able to trust in his path for me, and in essence, my family. I believe in Him and know this would only be happening for me to learn from it and grow. I sure can't wait to see how this continues to unfold.
No comments:
Post a Comment