Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Sunday Jan 28

We somehow made it to 8:30 church. My head was a bit fuzzy. And my vision not completely there (just distance, I do generally fine normally. Not enough to need glasses, but can tell chemo has affected my vision), so it was a bit rough trying to get through all three hours. After sacrament, Chayse and I teach 11 year old Sunday School. We have enjoyed getting to know these kids. They are the perfect age to have conversations with, teach, and feel like we are getting somewhere with them. They also aren't too sassy and set in their ways. It's just a great age. We have been learning about the Creation, and it has been fun to learn things from them as well, seeing their viewpoints and what sticks out to them in this "simple" story. Then Chayse went with the kids to Primary for singing and sharing time while I went with Pippa into Relief Society to let her wander and for me to listen to the women's lesson for the week. We just might trade off sitting in Primary so we can attend our women's and men's meetings more often. With them being the oldest in Primary, they are generally behaved and only need one of us in there to help the presidency out.

After church, we got the ravening wolves their food, then I put Pippa down for her nap, and I went down for mine as well. I didn't get much sleep after returning so late from Vegas (yes, I have a 10 o'clock bedtime!) and was needing the rest to fix my body for the rest of the day! After Pips and I woke up, we went to eat dinner at Chayse's Grandma's house. Megan joined Mark and Deb for the weekend by riding down with Shay and then returning back with her dad. It's always fun to see them and catch up! After eating, the kids played with their cousins. Then we headed home and got their baths in, jammies on, and then on to scriptures, prayers and books.

Then Chayse and I played a nice game of Ticket to Ride. Who doesn't love that game. And yes, I love playing with just Chayse. Mainly because he doesn't spoil my routes. We have a nice, peaceful game with no one being mean to the other (because he knows it will irritate me) and then we are able to chat while playing. A nice date night inside. And then because it is a Sunday, we generally head to bed earlier than other nights because we try not to watch TV on Sundays. We enjoy having the time away from media and trying to refocus our minds on God, family and extended family.

I forgot to mention that I have been trying to think of how to get the kids to do chores and also to earn money. A friend said that now is the time for them to make mistakes with their money to hopefully save them from doing the same later. Makes sense. I just like to control the money, so, no money. All my choice. But I should let go sooner than later. So this is a chart Lux came up with to help me. We have Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday chores. And there is laundry, helping with the table and making beds. Sounds easy enough. Guess I better find some coins to pay the kids. And when you give them a quarter, they still call it a penny even when you correct them. Guess a nickle will do, as they will get no where with pennies! Chayse helped Lux with this while I was napping. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment