I felt decent, so off to high fitness I went! It's my favorite class right now and even when I need to just work out at half strength (or whatever one might call it), I will. I must. If I stop then I'll be a little less thankful for what I have and won't be able to get back into the routine as quickly as I should. It's the same with church. I've been given a pass if I want it. But it is so much harder to get back into something once you stop. So I am determined to at least "show up" and do what I can. If I need to stop, that's just fine. But at least I tried. So I will continue to show up until I just can't.
Then it was time to play at home and enjoy the kids. I laid down for a nap just before Pippa did, so mom put her down for me. It is nice for the kids to get a bond with their grandparents when they generally live far away. They have enjoyed being able to play with someone pretty much whenever they wanted to. After my nap, Karen came over to chat and let her boy play with my kids before it was time for the kids to come home from school. Even the quick 60 minutes was nice to chat with my friend.
Chayse came home a bit early today so we could go visit with an old neighbor that moved in just before we moved out. We were introduced to Pravin by our next door neighbor Chitra. We loved living next to Jake and Chitra. They were like older siblings to us, just checking on us and making sure we had closed our garage doors before bed. Ha. They were perfect neighbors to have. Along with Jake and Erica across the street. I had always wished we could move together in a clump. For our first home, and the first neighbor situation we had, we were so lucky to have the Jakes beside us!
Pravin has a PhD and has been working with geonomics for a while now. He has also started a company called Oncotelligent. It is there to help people learn all they can about cancer and to aid them in curing their cancer. He was a wealth of knowledge! I couldn't get the actual copies of my scans (they're on a CD but can only be read by certain programs) so I spent time printing out the information each doctor wrote up with each scan or test done on me. We gave a brief history of what has happened and then gave us his perspective of everything going on.
A lot of what he mentioned was focused on health. It all made sense. Along with giving your brain a sense of peace and being able to meditate for 20-30 minutes each day. I do know I should adjust my diet a little at a time, and not be drastic at once for everything. Even if it means spending a little more on groceries, it will be worthwhile to do. The first thing I want to work on is cutting out bread a little more. I realize this isn't completely possible, but I can work on eating 1 or none bread each day. I have always loved bread, but I want to cut out a few more processed things to help my body out. He also mentioned getting something to help my liver out after processing all these harsh chemicals. That makes sense! And then not eating as much red meat, as it is hard on the digestive tract. Sounds good. I enjoy chicken, so that's not a big deal either. But cows are so cheap. And pretty tasty too!
We chatted with Pravin for a good 90 minutes and walked away feeling good about the path we have gone down with the doctors "protocol" to cure stage 3 cancer. We were confident in our choices and am glad he spent the time with us. I am thankful for people like him who keep studying and learning and try to provide up to date information to keep people in the best health they can be.
Come 8, after the kids were to bed, I headed off to Lux's school for a quick PTA meeting (10 minutes! Plus another 20 of chatting) and then time to relax. Yay for a full, productive day!
Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment