Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Sunday Jan 21

Chayse came home today!!

First, Church. Then we had some lunch and took our naps. Well, Pippa and I did at least. Played a bit. Then it was time for an early dinner at the cousins house. Mark and Deb were in town with Ryan and Mikell and their 4 sweet girls. It is always nice to see them when they come down from northern Utah. There were lots of kids having a lot of fun together, which is a wonderful sight too. Minus some screams, they did a great job getting along and playing together.

At 5 I had to leave to get Chayse from the airport. They were using buddy passes and weren't able to fly into St George until 9:30, but decided to fly into Cedar's airport instead. So off I went back to Cedar! Got him just after 6 (because I might not have left on time) and then we were home just as the kids were put to bed by mom. Thank goodness she was able to let them play with their cousins a little longer and wear them out a bit more. They crashed just after we came home and Chayse was able to read a few books with them. Hooray. Daddy is home!

Update on my fluids. I am getting about 80-90 right now, and still a dry throat between 3&5 am. Booo! And there's obviously a potty break about 1-2 am as well. Trying to balance out how quickly to drink and when...it's work. Too much thinking going on, really. But my tongue is no longer rough and doesn't hurt as much. I did change toothpaste, but I feel like it doesn't do as great of a job. But at least my mouth isn't on fire and I can get all my teeth brushed at once. Instead of missing a bunch from the flames in my mouth. But the side effects are still treating me well.

Like today, I shaved my legs. There aren't as many to shave any more. But it was pokey, so I did it. Around Thursday/Friday they will start to feel a bit bumpy/pokey again, almost like second day shaving. But I still wait until Sunday because it just makes sense in my mind. (Like how I wash the kids hair on Saturday and Wednesday so I don't have to second guess if I washed it the day before. mom brain/chemo brain, they are real things!!!) But the hair loss is real.

The kids are doing well with my bald head. Lux had me wear a wig to drop her off at her party. She thought it was the best that no one knew I didn't have hair! She has also requested I wear it to her Valentine's party as well. Sweet girl!!

Zoey is anxious for me to grow out my hair so we can match again. But she will draw me pictures (like today at church) of me with my "pretend hair" or some with my bald. I have yet to keep one of those because they always seem to get scribbled over before I have the chance to snap a picture.

Zane, doesn't seem to mind. I asked if he wanted to have matching hair cuts. He seemed a bit confused. I guess when he needs his next cut I'll revisit the question.

And Pippa. She loves rubbing my head now. She's okay with it all.

I just think having young kids is a benefit for me. A big blessing. They get my out of bed (literally) every morning and keep me moving. I can't sit down, I can't stop, I can't stay in my bed all day. They make you laugh and smile and pull your teeth out. But they keep me going. Teenagers would let me stay in bed. But not little kids. And having cancer while I'm a young mom, it's the best. They keep me healthy, make me stay on a routine so we can keep the mental health at a high during this whole thing and have made my recovery from each treatment that much easier. Sure, I have to take some breaks and time away from them, but they have really helped me move along and do so much better than if I were 10-15 years older. I love my little babies.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte! My name is McKenzie. Your story inspires me, you are so strong! I work for a local nonprofit called Oncotelligent, that serves cancer patients and their families. I’d love to get in contact with you. Please call, text, or email me!
    206-659-2370
    McKenzie.nelson@oncotelligent.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to meet with Pravin a few weeks ago! I love the company! I need to reach out to you as well McKenzie. Thank you for your comment!!

      Delete