Okay, first off. What am I thinking? The Saturday after chemo I went with some friends to Vegas. A few stayed the night prior, but I have trouble sleeping and didn't want my movements and crazy legs to bother the other girls. I guess we are women now? But I rode down with Tara and had a great time chatting and laughing and becoming better friends. I am so glad she wasn't able to stay overnight either, making everything that much easier for me!
Fun conversation and belly's filled again, we found Hobby Lobby (after a ridiculous right turn only-so it seemed-directions from Siri) and strolled around the store while some of the girls bought some things. We also made stops at Marshalls and, hmm, there had to have been somewhere else. Because soon it was time for Cheesecake Factory! Another piece of my heart is over there. But not exactly this time. First we made the mistake of sitting outside. It was chilly, but we had heaters. It was the smells that got to us from the sewage. We were definitely downwind, possibly "downwind from the sewage treatment plant" for my HIMYM fans.
Second, terrible service. I've never had terrible service there, but the waitress basically ignored us. She didn't bring bread out until 10 minutes after ordering and we requested it. Then 5 out of 7 of us got our food. She never mentioned the other two meals and ignored any signalling down we made. Not exactly sure how she makes money from this job. Yes, it could have been a bad day, but I was disappointed. The conversation was well worth it though. I got a cheesecake, or two, to bring back and then we hopped back in the cars.
But alas, not time to head home just yet. We went to The Pink Box and got some donuts!!! They were delicious. And smelled perfect. Now, time for home. We left about 8:30 from Vegas and I did get a nap or two in while heading home. It was so nice of Tara to not worry about me keeping her awake. We listened to some conference talks and was able to chat about those then I happened to hear things and be conscious at the end! I am sooo thankful for her willingness to drive me to and fro and have fun in the meantime. And to go to Vegas with some fun friends, that was very refreshing and made it seem like nothing was happening! It rejuvenated my soul and I am so glad I went down for the day! Good thing I had a wonderful husband and mom willing to watch the kids so I could enjoy a kid-free day and take in lots of fun and laughs! Hooray for days out and golden friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment