Wednesday, May 2, 2018

March 7, 8 and 9

Wednesday 7

Life doesn't stop even if chemo is going on. I had to take Zoey back in to get her ears checked to make sure their rupturing didn't cause any harm. Thankfully we got good news and were able to come back home to get her ready for dance! She loves going to ballet and is doing very well. Mom and Jill took her today so I could get some rest instead.

Zane had a great time at school and keeps learning more than I have ever known how to teach. I had many thoughts in prior years that I would be able to teach them more than what they could learn from any  one else. Well...lies. Not that I couldn't be a great teacher, but that's not exactly my strength. I am glad that part of my village are very knowledgeable people that do their best and give my kids the love and attention they need. I know I do my best, and sometimes you fall...but there are others there to help pick up the slack. I've always wanted to do everything on my own. I take charge and get things done on my own. I put more on my plate than needed. And get it done, and do it well. Cancer has taught me there are plenty of amazing people out there willing and wanting to help pick up the slack. I can't be perfect. No one can. We try our best to emulate Christ, but we can't always hit the high marks. But with the help of others we can. With God's help we can do anything. Just trying to mention Zane going to school and I realize how much good is in my life. I have faith and knowledge of a God that cares and is there to catch me and pick me back up. Along with so many others who have shown their love to us in countless ways since the beginning of this journey. I don't think one should have a drastic issue to let you be very aware of these things, but the good is outweighing the bad right now. I have so many that care, why not fight? So many loving hands have been blessing our lives. I have 5 very important people in my life to fight for. And I have other family members and countless people I have met in my mere 32 years that really give me many reasons to keep going. I won't stop. I've got more hurdles to leap over...but I'll make it because of the village I have been surrounded by.

Thursday 8

Can't get enough of those appointments...so I got to meet Dr Klomp today. Heard he was the one "that fixes others mistakes." That makes me happy to have him on my team. He'll do the reconstruction after the removal of the tumor. We liked his humor and was a great doctor and we were able to understand more of what will end up happening. I do like hearing things come in stages. Slowly getting used to hearing of more needles and more gross things. I am getting there, but slowly. Bahhh!

Another thing to add...my kids went on a nice hike with their grandparents and great aunt. They have been very good in going on these adventures even if they don't want to sometimes. You know how fickle things can become. It's been some beautiful weather lately. I'm glad St George has given some sun and happy weather this week. That's one thing you can count on!

Friday 9

Today. What a day. It was a day of much gratitude. I couldn't even believe it. Nielson's RV donated $2000 to my Miles 4 Myers race to help with different costs associated with getting it up and running. And I had heard an ad during the month of February that they were donating $100 from each RV sold to my race as well. I have no idea what the RV market is like. I was guessing one sold every 2-3 days. How many people would want to buy one from one of the many places in town to buy an RV. There are a handful in town.

Well...a lot more people are buying RVs than I thought. And those people donated to me and my cause. The whole cancer thing, that's my cause for right now. I'll get a better one and give to someone else soon enough. But 53 people bought an RV in 28 days of February. 53! Can you believe it??

I had spoken with Katie Leavitt earlier in the week to meet with her and talk about the campaign they had going on. I was hopeful to receive $2000 from their efforts to help me and my family. But $5300!?!??? I was so overwhelmed by the generosity of Nielson's RV and those in the community who contributed. It was so wonderful to feel the power of many coming together to help pay for those expensive chemo seats I get to sit in and the upcoming surgeries. The extra things I get to buy to help make things easier for me. Whatever that ends up being. I am just so grateful to feel the love of this wonderful community.

THANK YOU NIELSON'S RV!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

And I was also glad that my mom and aunt were there to witness everything. Along with my kids. I was sad that Chayse couldn't be there, but I had my sweet babies there and although they didn't know what was really going on, they would be most affected by this generosity to help cover the medical costs that is cancer. The ugly rearing head of cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment