Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Saturday March 3 and 4

Funny part of today. Mom and Jill wanted to go see Greatest Showman in theatres today. Jill doesn't go to many movies and is a bit more of an effort, so we decided to do that today. I asked Chayse if he wanted to go to the movies and he said sure, so we joined Dad, Mom and Jill and had their cousins Eyla and Raya to babysit our kids. The kids loooved having Eyla and Raya babysit and we are thrilled to have figured this out!

Funny part. We got to the theatre and Chayse needed to get his Icee before sitting down. He walks in during the opening song and is pretty confused. Oops! Guess I forgot to tell him it was a musical. He isn't too thrilled to be watching those... but somehow I tricked him to come and he never did ask the name of the movie. I guess he was just thinking he would take a break from thinking about work things and be able to relax. HA sure tricked him! And as I write this, it sure doesn't seem to  be too funny. But we were thrilled with the movie and really enjoyed it. The idea that P.T. Barnum took children "that their own mothers were ashamed of" and created a family for them to flourish, I really enjoyed the movie. And am excited for it to come to DVD and share with the kids. Lux keeps asking to watch "the showman show" and hears things from her friends. I think it's a good one to show. They'll be bored during the non-song parts, but I really liked it.

Sunday was a nice day. We had church in the morning while Auntie Jill enjoyed a few peaceful moments at home without the kids and then we came back and Pippa went to sleep while the other three went and played with my parents and Jill. They sure are enjoying the extra hands around to play with. I did indulge and take a nice nap. Guess that's the best part about chemo. I get to take pretty much all the naps I want. Gotta keep looking for the good things amongst the bad of I'll never get through these wonderful 16 weeks of chemo.

No comments:

Post a Comment