Wednesday, May 2, 2018

March 1 and 2

The kids are thrilled to have more visitors! Not sure if my aunt is ready for the attacks from the kids, especially since she has taken up space in the playroom to "rest" and get some "shut eye". I'm glad she is able to handle that with the lack of rooms in the house with all of our wonderful visitors!

On Thursday I was pretty busy with Lux's teacher conference and learning how much she has improved throughout the school year. One funny thing, she has been getting better with her social skills. Being the youngest of the grade and turning 6 the first week of first grade, I knew that would be an issue. She has gone from ignoring other kids if she doesn't want to talk to them, to actually responding to them and seeking out friends. She is a fun girl, and very thoughtful and caring, but is learning how to respond to others. She loves to craft and do things on her own, so I am glad that she has been able to learn this simple social skill. It's taken a little while, but I know she has some fun friends in her class and can create friendships with them. She is also doing well academically and is smack in the middle of the class when it comes to learning. Just where I want her to be!

I also had a church activity that night and a PTA meeting. It was nice that Lux has half days this week so she is around more to play with Auntie Jill. And then we are able to go to the park and play there. On Friday was spent out on a hike and able to check out the surroundings that Saint George has to offer.

On Friday we took Zoey to get a haircut while Zane was at school. I wasn't too thrilled with the guy that cut her hair. I mentioned to use water to get her hair to cut the bottom straight...and nope. Didn't get that done. I could have cut it better and not have straggly hairs. Mind you, it would have had a nice angle with it, but I wouldn't have long hairs sticking out. Oh well. Just tidied that up later that night.

Chayse came back from Idaho today. He works long, hard hours up there and made it home about 2am. Yay for him getting back!

No comments:

Post a Comment