Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Thursday, November 23 THANKSGIVING!

Oh, what a day! I slept terribly. I am so sore. Just don't want to move my arm in case something happens. I was very soft on my right side and didn't do much. Mom made my birthday chocolate bundt cake with the kids and it turned out perfect. And since I had already made all the cranberry, we brought a big jar to dinner with Chayse's family. That was all I was in charge of this year, and I am glad that's all I needed to do!!

We went to Hidden Valley Park around 10 to let the kids roam. I was planning on a fun run to donate treats to Tans Treats to benefit children with no food at home, but I just didn't feel like trotting anywhere. Next year! The park was great for the kids. Pippa didn't want to leave the swing, but when she did it was straight over to the little slides and went up and down as quickly as she could. The other three were mastering the monkey rings that spun downward once on them to the next ring. They mastered those things and enjoyed being out in the sun! I ended up chatting with an old neighbor, Goldie, who had great insight in regards to doctors. With her husband being one she said they as speaking their own language everyday and I shouldn't feel dumb to keep asking the same questions until it makes sense to me. I have always thought they would be ready to get back to their family's and such, but she said to make sure I felt cared for and understood what was going on. Just keep asking questions. Her husband's number one concern is the patient and can turn off those worries when he gets home and she understands he will be at work until they are all cared for. I liked that perspective to make sure I didn't feel skipped over and forgotten. It's all about me and what care I am getting to make me a better mom in the future and to focus on getting my questions answered.

The kids weren't too thrilled to be leaving the park, but knew it was almost time to play with cousins. I put Pippa down by 11:30 and mom stuck around when we left at 1 until she woke up. Which wasn't until 3!!! I felt bad because I figured it would only be 30-45 more minutes. She sure did surprise us!! And it makes sense as she has been cutting teeth for a few days now. Can't imagine being in pain is much fun when it comes to teeth.

Thanksgiving was great. Nothing too crazy happening. General talk over at Perry's house. Kids had a great time. Pippa ate at least two pieces of my birthday cake. The kids loved playing together and weren't too thrilled to be separated come leaving time. I do have a hard time now thinking of anything but cancer. I just feel consumed. I can't seem to come up with new topics and can run with cancer for quite a while. But it is always so nice to have a new topic to discuss. So that was a great part of dinner. Not having to think about it. Because that is everything right now. I feel misguided and just running no where. So I need to redirect my thoughts. And is how I convinced Chayse to go shopping with me for another black Friday evening.

We found a few things for the kids and it was nice to leave the house and escape cancer and just think of the kids and Christmas. The next day (Friday Nov 24) mom and I went out about 7:30 and checked out Joanns along with returning a bike to Target (better deal at Walmart) and seeing if there was a Roku somewhere on sale. Nope. So we headed home to get ready to go back out with Chayse and kids to Costco. He was on the hunt to replace our TV that is useless. It's always dark and if you even tried to watch Batman on it I am pretty sure you would just see some shadows. Not really much else. So we replaced it with a massive 65" screen. I also got an early Christmas present of a computer (another desperate purchase with mine shutting down on me while working on shutterfly or my other projects!) Then off to pick a tree and be back in time for our sitter, Miss Cherstin, to arrive.

Miss Cherstin has babysit the kids since Zoey was about 6 months old. They love her and enjoy the activities she brings over. Chayse, mom and I went to see Justice League with his mom's family and grandma treated us all to dinner afterwards. It was a nice evening not having to worry about cutting up food and making sure it's the perfect temperature! We got back just before bedtime and swiftly got that taken cared of! It was a nice Thanksgiving holiday to be enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment