Because Chayse is my rock, he was able to make it to my appointment. I had three kids staying with one friend and Lux riding home with a friend as I assumed it would only take an hour, but since it was at 3:30 you never know so late in the day. We got back to the room and waited. Soon Dr Myers came in and took a look, then pulled out this loud ultrasound machine to get a glimpse of what might be going on. As the lump is now between the size of a golf ball and baseball and discolored on the surface, he was worried about bacteria and such. At this point I'm starting to be irritated by the bump. It felt like a kitchen knob sticking out and kept irritating me while working out. And it was giving me sensations and pulses and just starting to feel funny. At first it was just there. But now it was starting to make its presence known.
He offered the options of surgery or aspirating the cyst and hopefully shrinking the cyst. I opted for coming back another day and getting this done as I would be noticing everything and I made the excuse of no headphones and being worried about the kids. The office staff shut me down and let me borrow some headphones so I didn't have to think about the needle he put to numb the area and then continued to pull out two full syringes of fluid. This was alarming because he usually only gets 1/4-1/3 of a syringe full from a cyst. He said he'd run some tests on the fluid and let us know the findings within a week. Perfect. Off we go.
That night it was sensitive and shrunk quite a bit. The next day I was able to have a yearly check up and asked Dr Lunt his thoughts. He just said it is probably irritated and will be okay in a day or so. But that night it started to feel like it was coming back. And over the weekend the cyst was back where it was before removal of the fluid.
Friday, November 17, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment