I did not want to get out of bed. I woke up in the middle of the night and noticed that my shins had started to go a bit numb. But I think I only woke up because I was rubbing my legs against the sheets while laying on my belly, and woke myself up by doing so. Come a few hours later when I needed to get out of bed I had my numb shins along with my forearms feeling a bit numb. The strangest feeling. Thankfully it did start to go away halfway into the morning.
Being a Wednesday, Lux and Zane both had school in the morning so they were pushed along by Chayse and Mimi. And while this is all going on, Chayse just kept urging me to move around. It was about the last thing on my mind. I just wanted to sit in bed and do nothing. Then he mentioned we had our second opinions tomorrow in SLC and if I wasn't going to get up, then we couldn't go up north. This made me think, and then get moving. Very slowly. I took me anti-nausea and steroid meds after eating breakfast. It was a small snack of cereal, but nothing big so I wouldn't have to puke it up later. The whole day I did small snacks with great fear and worry backing them up. And bland things as well to not stir the pot. All the while I forgot to mention the tic-tac box that is taped to my right arm. Aimee put it on me after the chemo was finished and I was sitting there trying to recover from this random drop in blood pressure. It then about 2 minutes after she taped it on (very securely since she was just as worried as I was that my kids would pull it off or knock it somehow but it was so sticky to take off I am no longer in fear of that, I think!) it felt like a rubber band snap and a small needle inserted a catheter and then the needle went back into this little box.
Well, 25 or 27, I can't remember, hours after chemo it dispenses this drug to help boost my white blood cell count to allow me to recover faster from each round. It was either this box or return at the right time for a shot. Welp, I'll try this box out and see what I think. It was so nerve wracking as well. Seriously. It flashes green every 45 seconds or so to let you know that it is still operational. Then when the time comes it makes a beep for a good minute and then you hear this pumping noise for the next 45 minutes as it slowly administers the meds in this little box. Pretty awesome, and creepy, all at once. Then it makes a loud beep again for another minutes when it's completed. Guess I should take a picture of this box next round. It administered everything as we were driving up. I had Chayse turn up the music when it was happening because I was just so nervous about the whole thing. Side effects from this drug is achy bones, so oddly enough I take Claritin for the next 7 days to help counteract that.
We left the house about 5 that evening for Salt Lake. I packed warm stuff and my pillow and blanket, along with my medicine backpack. That thing will not be leaving my side! I also had some boring crackers because every smell just bothered me. The trip was nice and uneventful, pulling into a friends house at 9 while they were at a work party. We slept well that night and needed to be up about 7 to be ready for our 9:30 appointment at the Huntsman Cancer Institute the next morning.
Chayse also decided to spoil me and picked out an Apple Watch for me to make me get up and move. I think he's pretty worried I am just going to sit around and feel sorry for myself. Which is exactly what I wanted to do. It goes to show after 9 years of marriage I think he understands me better than I understand me. Way to go Honey!!
So far: No pukes. I was worried a little bit early afternoon so I took a #2 pill that is for when you feel like you're about to puke. But I think I made that one up in my head.
I'm achy and sore. And feel like I'm hitting a wall and that's the end of my limit. So I took a nice nap about 11 for a few hours.
And the numbness after waking up.
Flu-like is probably the best way to describe most everything.
I forgot that Brie brought us some delicious Cafe Rio Pork for dinner last night and it was so delicious. Then for tonight we had this yummy chicken casserole from McCall that just hit the spot before we left for Salt Lake. And we stayed at Susan and Kelly Ogden's house for the night.
Sunday, December 24, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment