Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Saturday December 16

Gym again! Stairs this time. 25 minutes at a much slower pace than usual to climb the Eiffel Tower. But it was done!

Clean up. Play with kids for a small window and then it was nap time again just about noon. We planned to take the kids to the movies. Chayse would take Zane to Ninjago at 2, then Mom and I would go with Lux and Zoey to the Ponies movie. Dad got to supervise Pippa at home. Everyone wins right? But mainly the girls as we brought the giant popcorn bucket I was so excited for. $3 to refill this huge bucket that is almost 2 times bigger than the largest bucket you can normally get. I was thrilled and looking forward to using it during the summer movies I love taking the kids to each summer. We could share all the popcorn with any friend that came with us and save them a bunch of money by doing so.

We are enjoying the movie, munching on the popcorn, and then my legs are just so achy. I had been taking all the meds as directed. Not missing anything. But I am thinking I forgot to take the clartin I was so focused on the puking. About an hour into the movie I couldn't take it any more I hurt so bad. Thankfully we were at the cheap theatre and there were 10 empty rows behind us. So I left Lux and just walked around for the next hour, getting my steps in, and getting the ache to go away. It did wonders and I was able to sit down for the last 15 minutes. It just kept getting worse and seizing up my legs. Walking is the last thing you want to do, but is really the best way to get the aches to go away.

And the popcorn. Doesn't taste the same. It's not as good as it used to be. So my giant bucket needs to get used and I probably won't be doing all the using. Sad face. And tonight when I had some orange juice...just not the same. I know it's good for me, got some vitamins in there, but it's just not the same. Most everything else is still fine.

Once the movie was over, we headed back home with the kids and Chayse got a few things from Costco we needed. At 6 we went over to a friends house and had a fun gathering with Karen & Mike, Carly & Brandon and Jessica...because Brian was under the weather. It turned out to be such a fun evening celebrating Carly's birthday and just laughing and having so much fun. I thought we would be back just after 7 because of how bad I was aching earlier. But we ended up getting back about 9! Much later than I thought I could handle. That made me so excited being able to pretend to be a normal person! And the prayer Mike gave over the food was so sweet because he also just said a few things that made me feel okay with how my treatment is going. These simple, sweet prayers that have been offered in my behalf this past month has meant more than I wish anyone will have to know. It doesn't cost anything, just a few seconds of your time, but it has really lifted me beyond what I can actually do. I am still in awe of what I, yes I have physically done these things, but it truly is only because of the strength and faith of others that I have been able to make it this far. I just am so thankful for those prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment