Today was a big day, but it was also a day of not many answers. Today Dr Reese shared my case with the Tumor Board that meets Wednesday mornings to give opinions about other cases. I was thrilled my biopsy and PET results were available for this meeting. Their suggestions didn't seem very forthcoming and still confusing to me. Maybe because we spoke on the phone and I had no pictures. Who doesn't like pictures? It just felt so open and not any real answers found.
First he said the PET came back with the mass in my breast, under my arm pit, was nice and bright and could be seen from space. The biopsy said it was cancerous, but didn't exactly say it was breast cancer. But it is uncommon for cancer to begin elsewhere and then spread to the breast. So we still assume breast cancer and have no positive answer about what kind of cancer I have. And that is just so incomplete to me! It doesn't make sense yet why my body has just given up on what wasn't supposed to happen. So these uncomfortable procedures to me, seemed like no answers were given. So they suggested I get a liver biopsy to confirm its involvement. If it is...then my life shortens to 2-5 years. And I can't get everything I need to do for my kids done in that time line. Maybe 50 years, but I am so worried about the results. And having to go through a biopsy again. I am pretty well done with procedures, but we are just getting started.
Dr Van Meter, the leading breast cancer researcher and consultant within Intermountain Healthcare, didn't say much about my case so I asked Dr Reese to chat with her about everything. That made me happy.
Also, I must add that having 4 kids trying to play ball with you outside while on the phone is tricky. Especially talking to Drs that have their own language you sometimes need to decode. And is it easier to keep hiding from your kids outside and running away from the balls while on the phone? Or stay in one place? Question is still up for debate.
Friday, December 8, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment