Friday, December 8, 2017

Tuesday November 28

Today was a nice, normal day with my kids. I was able to host play group and have the fun kids running around and making joyous sounds. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. We were able to go to the gym for the HIIT class, find a playground and then eat lunch in time for our friends. And put Pippa down who didn't stay down too long with all the fun going on outside her room.

That evening, some of our favorite old neighbors (not old old, just our last ones) Jake and Chitra Graff came over to chat. It was so nice to have a visit from them after the kids went to bed. They had a few great ideas and made mention of two other neighbors from Stonehedge. (A neighborhood that made me feel like home after living there for 6 years). They mentioned their backyard neighbor, Pravin J Mishra and his endeavors with genomics. At this time he is in India for a cancer conference and I assume visiting family. Chitra mentioned the care he gave her just looking at her scans and offering advice for her. A few weeks ago I would have thought this a strange suggestion. But right now, I feel that the more people who are involved the better chance I have to live my life naturally. I was able to get all my scans together and am ready to meet with Dr Mishra when he comes back in the country.

They also mentioned Ben Brooks, a friend and whose daughter regularly watched our kids while in the same neighborhood. Their daughter was also at the Summit pool the day Zoey near drowned back in May and had so much love and concern for this little girl she used to sit for. They suggested contacting him as well for his understanding as a Radiologist. I decided to contact him the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment