Monday, December 11, 2017

Friday December 8

Recovery day. After the breast biopsy I thought I would need to send the kids away and had prepared the morning away from kids. I was not in as much pain, or any at all really, from this biopsy. My skin was just very tight from the port placement. I get to either sleep on my tumor or my port. Not sure if either is a win (side sleeper for the win). But my neighbor Jessica Bailey took Zoey and Pippa for the morning and then Lux and Zane both had school. So everyone was sorted. I had a handful of things to do (laundry, read, and other items that weren't of much work) but instead I just updated the blog. Which took a lot longer than I had planned. I really should stay on top of this!!

It was nice to have an easy morning. Then the kids came home and I put Pippa down for her nap. TV turned on, then Chayse came home early and I took the kids over to play with their cousins while Chayse supervised Pippa.

Chayse is always full of surprises. This past year he has come home with ideas to move here and there. Each time I have been shocked. Then I think about it and approximately 24 hours later I will generally be okay with the idea. The most recent ideas were Dallas and Colorado Springs. So when he says "I'm looking for a second car" I am not in shock at all. He had located a handful for me to pursue and then at 4:30 suggested we drive 45 minutes to Cedar to check one out. It looked great. And for the price I was shocked! We bought it from a SUU student that was leaving to go back home to Saudi Arabia next week and had just been up on the car. It was his cousin's prior and he showed us about 5 years of regular maintenance done on the car. Not to mention the brand new tires he put on last month and the fixed breaks done as well. We are very pleased with this purchase.

Chayse wanted to sell his FJ a few months ago and buy a bike to put some more money in reserve for a home. It cost us $2 in gas each week and he had really enjoyed it...until a few weeks ago when he started waiting around to see how my morning was going along and see if he could be dropped off at work. Or maybe if I had an early appointment I would get him at the end of the day. I began to sense his manipulation earlier this week and called him out. Hence...a second car. 

Needless to say I was pretty exhausted at the end of the day from driving too and from Cedar. I was at my limit and Chayse was able to put the kids down on his own. I am very thankful for kids that are in a nice rhythm and know how bedtime rolls. What goes after teeth brushing, and such, so that whomever puts them to bed just needs to follow the routine and it should all go smoothly. I am also thankful for how much Chayse has stepped up in these last few weeks. He has really been able to take much of my load off of me and allow me to get a little more rest in the mornings I need.

Also to be mentioned are my parents who left from Atlanta to drive out here and spend some time assisting our family during my treatment. Mom is a 7th grade teacher with a whole lot of PTO saved up (70 days!) and is able to use that for her pay check. Dad is also able to help us out with maintenance and is one reason why I am not worried about buying a used car. He is an amazing mechanic and loves to solve problems. They are looking forward to their arrival date on Sunday and to stop moving for a few days! They might be the most upset for another car here as one reason they are driving is because of the need for one. Well, it will only help the situation and not worry about car seats and logistics. It'll just make things smoother.

And, Happy Birthday Andrew! May 30 be uneventful and bring happiness to your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment