Friday, December 8, 2017

Tuesday December 5

I guess I am in shock that chemo starts next week. Got to get a few things done before hand so it seems! I enjoyed a gym class and then came back home and played with the kids. The normal things that happen during the day, happened. I was supposed to have genetic counseling today, but didn't have an hour to talk about it and kind of wanted to wait for it. I'll need to talk to Carly again soon, but the appointments just keep mounting this week. and when I found out it was 60 minutes? baaaah! Not right now. I'm sorry.

But I did find out what is discovered from genetics will help with surgery and what will be done at that stage of recovery. Or another word that is more fitting for what is happening. Attack? Battle Plan? Please fill in a blank for me!

But just a normal day in our home with the paradise that is kids. Once we did determine Tuesday was the day, I discussed it with Cassie and McCall and they both mentioned that three days of meals a week isn't a big deal. If one isn't filled, that is fine and we can deal with it then. So Cassie kindly set up a meal train with dates starting Tuesday the 12, and including Wednesday and Fridays each week, all the way though chemo which will be 16 weeks long. So whatever 16x3 is. That is what was filled for me. So many of you generous friends filled up my family's meal needs for the next 16 weeks within 24 hours. I think that is a blessing and miracle all rolled into one. So much love from so many friends from now and years past. Thank you for your generosity. I feel so loved and that one more thing I don't have to worry about. Now I just need to keep healthy snacks for the kids in the fridge and I don't have to think about what is for dinner. THANK YOU to all who has helped and will help with keeping us fed. It means so much that you would help lift that burden off my shoulders.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for all the details and updates. Wow it is so crazy to read about all this and breaks my heart. I am praying for you and Chayse and the kids. I want to come sit with you during chemo sometimes, maybe company would help. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete