Today was a complete "ME Day". My parents were generous to take care of the kids for most all day. So we did reward ourselves with a babysitter to go out. And I was excited to talk to Chayse. We aren't able to talk much while he is gone because he wakes up, does the gym, heads off to the office before 8 and doesn't stop working until 9 or 10 generally. He puts in very long days while he is away and tries to shuffle some hours around and spend some more at home instead. And I guess at my appointments too. Those are fun.

I was picked up by my friend Mindy and we went to the temple for a few hours this morning. It was so nice and refreshing to sit still and think for a little while. And be in some great company as well. I am glad we were able to go together. After, we got some soup at Kneaders because it was a rainy day. At least a rainy one in St George that does some spots for a while, then comes back, goes away and then some downpour while you're trapped in your car at some point. But the time was rejuvenating, enjoyable and fun conversation.
I got back about 12:30 and then was meeting my friend Christy at her friends house for a makeover! Zoey wanted to join me, and I tried to get Zane to come but that was useless. Oh well. (But when I got home, I also received an earful saying I wouldn't let him come. Lies! Lies!) So we went to her friend Celeste's house and she gave me a really fun Maskcara makeover! I have been hesitant to try the makeup out, only because I am fine with what I have and didn't need to replace anything just yet. Once that time got closer, I was going to try it out. They bumped the timeline up a few months!

I loved the choices Celeste made and enjoyed chatting and getting to know more people. Once thing cancer is great for, you meet so many people you never would have had the chance to meet!! Bald is beautiful, and it does generally mean chemo, so lots of people talk to you than generally would have in public. But after all this fun chatting and makeup freshening, I asked for a card with all the details so I could get it once my other stuff ran out.
NOPE! Not today. Christy and Celeste decided to gift me with everything. Everything. Brush, illumiator, cover up, blush, eyeshadows... anything that was used, they gave to me. It was just beyond generous. I tell you, people are so giving. It's astounding what gratitude you get to feel in this position. The kindness, thoughtful letters and anonymous notes, dinner and flowers, little gifts...I am so blessed to have all your thoughts and actions put into place. You are the ones showing up for me and my family. Even through your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for showing up. It's so overwhelming and wonderful.
Now to finish off the day, the kids got to play with Miss Kelsey while we went and got some food. I'm so glad Chayse is home. It was a long week with my aches and him gone. I'm glad he's back!
No comments:
Post a Comment