Thursday, March 22, 2018

Saturday February 17

For most of our marriage, I have been the one to plan things. I get some input from Chayse, but spending most all of my time with the kids, I have been used to planning out what our days are like and Chayse comes along with us. So when he said on Thursday night that he wanted to take the kids on a hike tomorrow (yesterday/Friday) I was a bit confused. He generally works until 6. And if he comes home before, that means he'll spend some time at night working. I guess it's starting to get to him. He mentioned needing to get outside and feel the fresh air. I do feel like I get a lot of fresh air some days. So why should I worry about it? Back to the story...he wants to go hiking. I say no. Friday is already planned out. So we went today!

First. Gym. Then we went to the store to pick up a bike attachment to have Pippa ride bikes with us. Zoey has finally mastered the one she got at Christmas, and I think it's about time we became a bike riding family! Next up, Pippa's nap! She slept until about 2:30, so we got everyone together and headed out the door by 3.

The kids had a  great time. We found a hike not too far from us that we had never seen before. Chuckwalla trail. It was about a mile long, but took a bit longer than we thought! Chayse carried Pippa in our backpack and she did just fine as long as she didn't see me. I wasn't any help to carry around Pips, so I tried my best to hang back. I also had the treats so I was a very important person to my kids! Ha. The whole thing was a great time and we enjoyed our time in the fresh air, as requested by my bestie, Chayse.

Then we got cleaned up after we got home around 5. We ate some dinner, then left Pippa with mom and dad and took the other three to the Moxi concert that night. We were helping with a few things for Shay before the show. She isn't dancing in Moxi anymore, but she convinced us to come and watch the choreography she did in the show. It was an enjoyable show, but I did like them better when we could point out to the kids where their aunt was! There is great talent in the company, but we just like knowing people in the show too!!

Zoey had a good time and loved sitting beside Meritt. Lux loves seeing all the dancing and was captivated. Then Zane. He's my little bear. About 30 minutes before it was over he decided he was done and snuggled up in my lap, falling fast asleep. Then the show ended about 8:30 and we took Zane home. On the way, Zoey passed out as well. So we dropped the two kids off in their beds with my parents and took Lux out to get a treat with the rest of her cousins. She absolutely loved it. And we love making our kids get some special time with us. We have been trying especially hard since  my diagnosis to do that with them. Trying to make things a bit easier for them. I guess you never know what will throw them off, but hopefully they know and realize how much we love each of them on their own and that they are separate from each other. We had a great, busy day playing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment