Friday, March 2, 2018

Thursday February 1

Ahhh. We've made it to February! It's been a weird thing with me, time. When everything started happening in November time started to stand still. It all got extra blurry and I couldn't figure out what day we were on and what exactly I needed to be doing. I was just filling in my calendar with appointments, places my kids would be and who was bringing over dinners. (And seriously, dinners have been a saving grace for me. I can't expect anyone to understand how simple the meal can be and how much joy it brings to me!) Then Christmas somehow happened and that confused me. My mind was standing still on November 13. Then January hit and I still didn't believe we needed to take down our Christmas tree. Now we are in February I have switched and my mind is on Easter. April 1. It's not a Fool's Day to me anymore. It's the date that after my last chemo on March 20, I should be okay by. I should be over my last cold I get about a week after chemo and time to actually look forward to! NO MORE CHEMO!!!! 8 rounds kicked, won and fought hard with the support of the whole community. No More CHEMO!!!! The bills I've been getting say "therapeutic" on them in conjunction with chemotherapy. That makes me laugh inside. The price tags? Not so much...

But point is...I don't want to miss the stages in my kids' lives. Not one of them, but I know I have. In recent weeks Pippa is really picking up on words. It's pretty awesome. I love when they can begin to  really communicate with you. She's been pointing and fetching things, listening to commands and getting some spunk in her! She says Mama, Dada, Luh, Za, Zuh, Mimi, Papa, Gah-mah, Meenneee (Minnie), Mo (more), Noooo in a decently sweet voice. She'll pick out her shoes, pull food she wants to eat out of the fridge. She really isn't just 16 months anymore. Cancer made her grow up and I missed some of it, but I'm trying to catch the rest. I'm not too blurry with everything right now and it is a wonderful thing!!

Lux has been improving with her reading and is doing so well at school. I wish I could go in more often. I think it's been about once a month now. But I do my best. I love seeing her and watching her interact. Her social skills are catching up with those in her grade (She turned 6 as a first grader the second week of school...she'll always be the youngest!) and I couldn't be happier. I love seeing her flourish and just the confidence in reading books is amazing!! It's finally switched from being stressed to get her to read the take home book and any other one for that matter...to her asking to read to us and getting almost all the words correct!! She was a first child for a reason!

Zane is such a boy. But then he has such a sweet and tender heart for his sisters. He has been doing this upstart program and going to preschool this year with Mrs Rachel and he loves it. He knows his letters and can start to put together cvc words (cat, pam, hat). He is really growing up this year. He loves to take a good dare and can be a crazy one. But he just loves trying new things and getting bigger. He is ready for his birthday! (Which won't happen until June, poor guy!!)

Zoey is a spunky drama dancer. She is going to start ballet at the community center next week and won't take off her dancing outfit. She has a bit of sass to control and will not be upstaged by anyone. She loves to twirl, dance, perform and play legos. She does so well and could play on her own for an hour or more. I did well letting her play by herself. (pat on the back!) She pretends to be shy, but that is not the case. She also loves joining Zane in with upstart and can count very well already. She is excited to get bigger as well...but has to wait until August! Oh my summer babies!!

But today...Zane had to get a cavity filled. I took them in the beginning of January to get their teeth cleaned and he had a decent one in the middle of his molars that needed to be filled. He was a dream child getting everything done. I was told no shot, but then this giant needle comes out after he gets the laughing gas placed on his nose and watching Minions during the whole thing. He sat still during the slow injection and we waited 5 minutes to get the numbing to be complete. Then cavity was filled in 2-3 minutes and then we just waited a few minutes for Zane to get back to breathing in normal air before leaving. He did such a great job! I was so proud of how brave he was and unprepared we were and how great he handled the whole situation. Way to go, Buddy!!

We then came home and chatted with Karen, who was watching Zoey and Pippa. I'm glad we got to hang out for a little while before Lux came home from school and she had to get her two boys. A good conversation with a friend goes a long way!

Then for the evening activities: PTA at 8. The meeting went fine. I like being there and knowing what is going on. I do feel like I miss out on events at school and wish we as parents could go in more often. But I do try my best to be involved in my daughters school life!


No comments:

Post a Comment