Monday, March 19, 2018

Tuesday February 13

You know what the sweetest sound is? Probably silence. With a close second being my kids getting along and some giggles and kind words spoken between them. As seen in this picture Chayse captured before heading to the gym this morning, I love when they get along. Zane is supposed to be doing a computer class every day with a free preschool through upstart in the state of Utah, and we signed up his sisters as well to do it. And without prompting, I have the sweetest scene in front of me!!

This morning, we did the gym thing. Came back. Play, eat. General things. Then it was time for me to get my teeth cleaned! Apparently it is very recommended to do such before chemo. Welp. I didn't. I don't have a specific dentist I like and just figured I was doing alright. But I've been having some white spots come and go on my gums, a side effect of chemo, and I wanted to get those checked out. But obviously for the appointment they were gone. duh.

I had asked my friend Tara to get me an appointment at her dentist, because she's the hygienist. If there's something I've learned from the dentist I went to in Kennesaw, it is to find a hygienist who doesn't irritate you. So when I learned Tara was one, I knew she would be a great fit for me and my teeth! It was such a fun visit. Well, before she attacked my mouth. But I've been having sensitivities with my gums and my front two teeth. (The air is now making them irritated and cold when I breathe...it's strange. And the toothpaste is now too strong. Cold things are waaayyy too cold now. But I'll survive.) And she numbed my gum line before getting the more invigorating tools going. That was just so thoughtful. She is a friend I do strive to be more like in thinking of others and offering more of myself to those outside of my family, friends and acquaintances alike. But it was so nice to get a clean mouth!! Thank you!!

Then that evening I had Bunco with some friends. I was a sub, and it was a fun time with those ladies! They make me smile and laugh and forget anything of real importance and just have a good time together. Bunco brings friends together and aches in your cheeks when you leave. The best kind of aches!

No comments:

Post a Comment