Friday, March 23, 2018

Sunday February 18

Coincidence? Or Divine Design?

We discussed this topic today in our women's group, with the help of a talk given by Elder Rasband.

              The Lord said to Abraham, “I know the end from the beginning; therefore my hand shall be                 over thee.”

              The Lord loves to be with us. It is no coincidence that when you are feeling His Spirit and                    acting on first promptings that you feel Him as He promised: “I will go before your face. I                  will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine                  angels round about you, to bear you up.”

              The Lord’s hand is guiding you. By “divine design,” He is in the small details of your life as                well as the major milestones. As it says in Proverbs, “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart;                  … and he shall direct thy paths.”

              Dear Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin spoke of an occasion when President Thomas S. Monson said                to him: “There is a guiding hand above all things. Often when things happen, it’s not by                      accident. One day, when we look back at the seeming coincidences of our lives, we will                      realize that perhaps they weren’t so coincidental after all."

Those are a few of the excerpts from his talk that hit me the most. I don't believe that God would just let things happen on their own. I know that He knows me, especially through this experience, and that He only wants what is best for me. It's not coincidental that Pippa turned one and my mind was back to functioning after having 4 babies that threw me into a whirlwind I had never experienced before when making the jump from 2 to 3 kids. Cancer came right on time. Moving to this home is where we are supposed to be. Through a few events to rent this house, I have no doubt that this is the neighborhood we are supposed to be in, no matter how hard I had wished to stay where we were. 

God has placed friends and neighbors in the right order for me to meet so I could overcome this. Things in my family lined up just how they needed to in God's plan to allow them to give us the assistance we need at this time. 

God is a God of miracles. He is a God of Love, Mercy, Kindness and won't leave you alone. He's never left me alone, and I know for certain that if someone is seeking His help, He will be there for you. He's been there many times before cancer and has been a constant in my life since my diagnosis with angels, seen and unseen, following me around constantly. He will be there for you.

Also, Erin came over to visit with us today before dinner!! Yayyy! It is always so fun to see her and chat with her. And my kids felt especially loved when she gave them the sweetest book called "You Are Special" about the dots falling off of the dolls that don't care what others think of you. It was so kind and thoughtful for her to do that and spend some time with us. We never get to see enough of you Erin! Come back soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment