
Wednesday February 14
The morning started out well. The kids finished their valentine cards last night and Zane was ready to use his tattoos that came with his cards. So Chayse, Zane and Zoey had to get their matching tats on before Chayse left for work.We also worked hard finding their heart shaped and pink and red colors we had in their closets! Holidays are fun, yes, but then they can also be a lot of work too!

I was able to get to Lux's school for her party from 10-11:30. Bethany, the other class mom, had the great idea of making heart shaped waffles. They were nice and tasty! We had three other moms come in with their stations (bingo, a cake-walk type game, painting hearts) and at the beginning I had two games for the kids to do by splitting the class in half. Then the rest of the time we had them into four groups. I really love going into school to see who she plays with and what the kids are like. I also love seeing how the teacher interacts with the kids too. Mrs Erickson has been such a great teacher for Lux this year. I couldn't have gotten any luckier. She has been so compassionate with everything going on for cancer and has been able to get Lux to open up about it. Lux has been very matter-of-fact with everything and enjoys her teacher. And the kids in the class are pretty awesome too! I also loved the idea that Mrs Erickson had to decorate their valentine boxes in class. That sure saved a headache! And the kids had boxes that were a lot more similar to each other. I liked that a lot!

At the end of the party, just before lunch, we had the kids write down their favorite things about their teacher. They wrote some cute things down on the hearts and we put them on their classroom door while they were gone. I hope she enjoyed the fun surprise coming back into class!

Once we had the class cleaned up, I headed home and Zane came back from his class party! He had a great time and loved showing me all his cards he got. He has flourished so much at preschool and I am so glad he was able to go to my friend, Rachel's, preschool. Everything has just lined up to be such a blessing this year. One being signing Zane up for school and for having Rachel be his teacher. She is just perfect for him. And I am glad he had a wonderful time celebrating at school!

Next up, Pippa's nap, then taking Zoey to her ballet class. She loves it. I am glad she also has a fun thing to do. She sees herself as a beautiful dancer and I am glad she feels that way. She loves dancing to the music we put on at home and wears her ballet outfit most of the day on dance days. She's so sweet, my Zoey girl!

Then it was time for us to take a break at home before Lux came home. My friend brought over the sweetest Valentine's pizza for dinner and a delicious salad. I am a sucker for a delicious salad these days. Especially with some tasty candied pecans or walnuts or something. Love those on top of a fruity salad! The kids ate their dinner, then we finally got a photo of all 4 in their Valentine's gear. I'm shocked they look this good still. Since there are usually stains all over by 2. Winning today!

Then it was time to go to their cousin Vivy's 4th birthday party. She is a lucky lady having her party on Valentine's. And the kids enjoyed some delicious cake, along with the adults, obviously. And Pippa always makes me laugh with how much she enjoys playing on the Our Generation doll collection. Hence this hilarious picture of her getting on their scooter. They also have a jeep type car that Pippa loves getting into but can never get out of. Gotta love having a baby that tries to get inside of everything! Sounds like I need to get a picture of that before she grows too much!!
All in all, it was a nice and fun Valentine's Day. I have a scavenger hunt to do with the kids tomorrow since we did not have any time to do it today. Should've gotten the discount candy surprises at the end tomorrow...oh well. Maybe I should just always plan on doing it the day after. I can prep things after the fact! Just before...that's another story.
No comments:
Post a Comment